need doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmfriend, Aug 15, 2012.

1. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

I realize i am in the fibro board but my wife is running out of hope. Yes I am speaking for my wife here. She is in dire need for a lyme literate doc in the Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill area of NC.
    She is suffering from Fibro., CFS., and lyme as well as co infections.
    She is of course in constant pain, loosing memory, blurts out things that she doesnt realize she is saying, among all the rest of the ailments that goes along with fibro and lyme.
    We have been married for 24 years and she has been disabled for at least 15 of those years. Our marriage is now starting to strain.
    Please Please Please help
  2. beccanrobg

beccanrobg Member

fmfriend - sorry, I'm not in the area that you are addressing - I just wanted to say hi - let you know that your message has been read and how grateful I am that you are supportive of your wife. Sometimes we forget the way our illness effects others as we are so overwhelmed with our health issues.

I will pray for you and your wife to get the treatment she needs. I recommend that you make sure to take care of yourself. Take time for you to refresh and find peace and rest for yourself.

Hugs becca
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you change the title to include your location, you will likely get more responses, something like: Need Lyme Doc in NC. Lots of our members don't have much time nor energy and just scan the titles. If they see one which is specific and they have info, they will respond. Good luck to you and your wife.

Love, Mikie
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Go to, you can find integrative medicine doctors in your area. I just looked up zip code 27513 (just a guess) on that website and found a Dr. Loghman Zaiim who treats lyme, cfs, fm, all of it - he's at There are 2 other docs in roughly the same area who are similar.

Good luck!

5. misskoji

misskoji Member

I am so sorry your wife suffers so much. I know it cannot be easy for you, either. Bless you for staying by her side and helping her.

I have friends who see Dr. Lapp in North Carolina. They all adore him.

Maybe you can try to get your wife in with him?