need doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by countrygirl, Dec 29, 2002.

1. countrygirl

countrygirl New Member

I live in the bryan, tx area and have not had any luck finding a doctor to work with me on my fibromyalgia. Is there any one out there from this area or even the Houston area who has found a doctor they really like and have had success with? I am willing to travel to Houston or even Austin to find someone good.
  2. KayLyn

KayLyn New Member

I am not a lot of help because all of my doctors are in Dallas so this is just a suggestion...will the doctor who diagnosed you with fibro give you a referal?...if he will not, there is an excellent medical school in Galveston...Universtity of Texas...I would call there and see someone in their neurology or rumatology department...I know I did not spell that right...but that would be your best bet I would think...My doctors are all with UT southwest in Dallas...and they are wonderful about working with me with both my MS and Fibro...I hope that helps...KayLyn
  3. Debs63

Debs63 New Member

I am in Austin Texas... call Texas Pain Rehabilitation Institute for referral 512-310-7246 website is tx-http://pain.home.texas.net Maybe they can help...this my docter Dr.Owens and Larry Mays
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

Have you checked out the doctor referral available from this site? Just go to the top of this page and click on Doctor Referral. Then click on Co-Cure Good Docs list. This will take you to the Co-Cure website which includes a list of doctors who have been recommended by other patients. There are several listed for Texas, including in Houston and Austin.

Barbara
  5. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I live in Louisiana and have a great dr., but the leader of the local CFS/FM support group said many of her "clients" (not sure what she meant by that) have found great success with this dr. in Houston:

Patricia D.Salvato, M.D.
    4126 SouthWest Freeway, Suite 1700
    Houston, TX 77027
    Tel: (713) 961-7100

I know nothing more about her, except she IS listed on the good dr. site.

Hope this helps,
    Annette