Need Dr. in Memphis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan5473, Aug 30, 2003.

1. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Hi-I live in Memphis, TN and I am in need of a doctor to see for my FMS. I have seen a Rheumatoid(spelling??)doctor, but of all people this one didn't understand my pain and is doing nothing to help me. Just interested in collecting money. I don't know if I should see a neurologist or what!!??!!! Can anyone recommend a good doctor, please???? I haven't worked for a month because of pain, depression, lack of sleep. I just don't know what to do or who to see. Please help!!! Thanks, Jan
  2. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Zoie, Thanks for your help. It is nice to hear from someone who understands my situation. Knowing who not to see will save me some time and stress, so I appreciate your input. I noticed we have a lot in common--a cat and supportive husbands. Doesn't it help greatly to have a wonderful husband who can understand how you feel? My cat is a solid black cat that I adopted at the Olive Branch Animal Shelter last year--his name is Black Jack. I've been a card dealer at Tunica for 7 years(that's how I came up with the name Black Jack), but I've been off work for a month. I don't think I can stand and bend over the tables all day anymore. I am so grateful my work has been understanding and given me some time to try to get my head together. I have been really depressed at the thought of having to give up my job, I've enjoyed the players and the people I have worked with, so I am really going through a tough time right now. The doctors are the ones that don't seem to understand or help, so that is what I am struggling with. It is so hard to believe that there isn't a good Fibro doctor in Memphis, but then again that is typical in Memphis. I'm sure you know what I mean!!! Thanks again for you help!!
  3. LTLadyVols

LTLadyVols New Member

Jan - my doctor in Memphis is Stephen Miller an internist at Methodist Teaching Practice. I am not sure if he is accepting new patients but you might try him - his office is on Eastmoreland. He put me on Zoloft and Bextra and told me it would take a while for it to have an effect and that I should monitor my intake of carbs and sugars. It took about 3 months for me to start really feeling better - and I am now sleeping great and only hurt from time to time and then usually because I over do it. I did not think at first he was right because it took a while to feel better but he was right on all accounts. I also have a friend who goes to the Haissan clinic and loves her doctor as he has really helped her - he is the father of the family of doctors. Good luck.
  4. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Thanks, Itladyvols.... Jan
  5. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

6. cowlady

cowlady Member

Jan,

If you could possibly try to get into the Methodist pain institute - 726-0999. Dr. Daniel Brookoff is an angel sent from heaven. You can type his name in yahoo and read his articles he has written he is absolutely wonderful.
  7. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Thanks to all of you for you help and information. Hopefully I will find a good doctor soon. I am going to check my provider list and see who is on there and try out some of your recommendations. Thanks so much, Jan
  8. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

9. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Hi, I'm not from memphis I'm from Bolivar but I have a friend that has FM and Lupus that is going to a doctor in Memphis. His name Is Ramesh C. Gupta located at 6005 Park Avenue. She said he is very kind and very thorough. If anything is hiding he will find it. I haven't been to him but am really considering him as a possibility. Just thought I would put another doctor for consideration, The kind part got me. Who would not like to have a "kind" doctor.

God Bless
    LindaH
  10. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Hi Linda. Thanks for your help. I will see if Dr. Ramesh is on my provider list too. Do you have any idea if he helps with social security disability. I have had to wuit work and have applied for SSDI and don't have any idea how it all works. Thanks for your help, Jan
  11. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Hi Cowlady and thanks for your help. I have been reading on line about Dr. Brookoff and he sounds like a very caring doctor. I have had another bad day today because of my current doctor and I have been crying all day. I am so depressed and can't even think straight anymore and I feel so confused and lost. I called Dr. Brookoff's office and they are suppose to call me back. Is he currently taking new patients? Do you have any idea if he helps with social security and disability? I have been off work for awhile and have applied for disability, but don't know how it works, just wondering if he helps with that or what.My current doctor has me so messed up, she doesn't listen to me, answer any questions and doesn't even prescribe me anything. She just wants me to keep coming back in and charging me for everything. I am so sorry if I have rattled on here, but I am doing really terrible today and and so exhausted from trying to run around and find out what I need to do or who I need to see for help. Thanks again for any help, Jan
  12. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

[ advertisement ]