Need Dr, In Topeka Ks.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orionshines94, Sep 1, 2003.

1. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

I need a good Dr. Mine moved out of state a year ago. Thanks! Sheila, Topeka, Ks.
  2. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

Hey Sheila, Cat here. I too am in Topeka Kansas--have lived here 14 yrs. Originally from Manhattan. Ks.--lived there 30 yrs. total.
    So tell me--what have you got, FM/CFS, both? I have been to so many Doc's here for my symptoms of both FM/CFS. Dr. Laturno, a rheumy diagnosed me with FM a little under a year ago. Actually I am usually more fatigued than in pain but do have the trigger points for FM.
    There's an infectious disease Doc who specializes in CFS here in town---will get his name for you. I went to him once 3 yrs. ago but he didn't take me too seriously, diagnosed me w/ sinus probs.
    My GP is Dr. Wright up at Cotton O'Neil and he's great. Do you have insurance, an HMO? How long have you been here in Topeka? Let me have some more info and I'll try to help you. (((Hugs))) Cat
  3. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

Hi Cat, Pleased to meet you. I've been in Topeka 9 yrs. I'm from Memphis Tn. Seven years ago I was told I have FM/CFS. Dr. Stonehocker from Lyndon moved to Nebraska a year ago. I've been having many problems, sleep being one. Im pretty new to the board. I'm glad you responded to my call for help. No I don't have Ins. yet. My husband is in the process of adding me on to his Blue Cross- Blue Shield. I hope to hear from you again. Thanks So Much, Sheila....
  4. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

It is so good to know that another FM/CFS person is nearby even though I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Tell me--do you have all of the yukky symptoms the rest of us do? Yes, sleep is a problem for me also. I take Ambien at night--10 mg. but think I'm building up a tolerence to it. How old are you? I'll be 52 on Friday---hope I'll feel well enough to celebrate. My daughter and grand daughter are coming to town to celebrate w/us--daughter's birthday is 9/7 so this weekend is ours, LOL!
    I'm on my husband's Blue Cross--thank God! Your hubby doesn't by any chance work for the state does he? I was working up until a year ago and had to quit b/c of all the symptoms, esp. fatigue/pain. It's really hard to go from being independent to relying on hubby for so much. I'm in the process of applying for disability, have a lawyer for it to but feel it will be "iffy."
    My hubby is from New Orleans and he loves it here in Kansas--says he'll never go back to live in the South. I am thrilled that you found this board!!
    Without insurance you should probably opt for the Marian Clinic-- they go by income. I think they're still around--it's been awhile.
    Haven't heard of Dr. Stonehawker. Did he specialize in our disorders? Please keep in touch! Cat(Candee)
  5. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

My Birthday is Sept.4th,and I have a three month old G. Shepard named Buster Brown! I thought I was the only one with these crazy pains. I want to go back to nursing full time as opposed to part time. My husband works at Washburn Univ. This is his last day of vacation. I did find out I can go to Cotton O'neal Clinic and pay a small co-pay.It's across the street here in N.Topeka. I need to do something,the pain and lack of sleep is getting to me. I'm so glad you came along! Sheila, Topeka,Ks