Need Dr Referal WI MN or IL - Viral

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Mar 24, 2009.

LISALOO New Member

I think I decided that instead of going to see someone who works with Lyme and CFS. That I would go to a ILIADS Lyme Literate Dr to see about the Lyme. Made that apt today.

I also think I have Viral Issues. I'm looking for someone to help me with this but someone not set up on only giving me Valcyte (caused my Interstitial Cystitis to come out of remission and now I can't take any supplements or vitamins). So I'm looking for someone who uses pharmaceuticals but not just Valcyte.

Does anyone have a good referral for a Dr in WI or IL? I live in Madison WI (SOuth Central WI) and need someone less than 3 hours away as my husband already takes too much time off of work taking me to drs.

If you refer someone can you tell me what they've put you on? Thanks so much!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2009]

LISALOO New Member

3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

There is ONE doc in Chicago but he will diagnose you with Post Lyme Auto Immune. There is not even a ICD-9 code for that! They've shown over and over that spirochetes are treatment resistant. I was kind of irritated by this because I thought I should get diagnosed with Lyme before it was "POST" Lyme.

We all go to Missouri, Michigan or Wisconsin. I do know of a naturopath who treats but she doesn't prescribe medications like Abx or AVs. She does darkfield microscopy and may now be working with a MD who can do meds.

It is disheartening that there is not one single LLMD in Illinois!

4. GKTLA

GKTLA New Member

Hi Lisa-

I think a couple of people here really liked a Dr. Geyer or Guyer in the Chicago area. I think he has a website and is very well-educated on all aspects of Lyme/CFS and is willing to try lots of things.
  5. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

Would you believe there is a Hoffmann clinic in small town Waupaca WI. that has a Dr. that deals w/all of this? Many people I know of have gone to him & obtained relief. My nephew included. He was sick for almost a yr. b4 stumbling onto this guy. He is much, much better now. He has Lyme's....He's in his 50's..(my nephew that I think the doc is too, come to think of it.

He's in a grubby looking building & dresses in jeans & baseball hat & has a beard from what I understand..Totally informed on these dd's. He gets disgusted w/docs in the area that don't go beyond the initial testing for Lymes. I've not gone to him, this has all been related to me, thru others. His clinic is about 90min. from Madison....Good Luck.....

LISALOO New Member

I have an apt for him next week for Lyme!!!

However, does he treat viruses, not just Lyme.? I assumed he only treated Lyme.

LISALOO New Member

Does anyone have his first name? I can't find him on the internet?

I think I have Lyme covered, so now I need a viral dr.

I hate that the search button is broke!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2009]
  8. GKTLA

GKTLA New Member

Lisa- I found his website and he is actually in Indianapolis. Sorry if this is too far.

His site is

LISALOO New Member

Yeah, indianapolis is a little far.

Does anyone else have a referral? Thanks!

LISALOO New Member

Will even take a dr in Minnesota!

LISALOO New Member

still looking for suggestions, pelase help!