Need DR who treats Parvovirus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Oct 8, 2008.

LISALOO New Member

I'm not sure if I need to see a dr for parvo my results:

IGG 5.56
    IGM less than .9

Do you have any drs who treat this? Or is there any holistic wayt to treat this?
  2. mshvan

mshvan New Member

the only way to treat a true persistent parvo infection is IVIG.

normally, our bodies fight it off.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi lisa. i think most CFS doctors would treat parvo with IVIG...i know montoya does at stanford.

good luck

LISALOO New Member

Does anyone know a dr besides Montoya? I'm in Wisconsin, and traveling too far is not that possible right now.

Im not even sure my numbers are high enough. I'm so confused between IGG and IGM and what is significant.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  5. erica741

erica741 New Member

Sue and others: Do you know if Dr. Lerner treats Parvovirus?

Lisa: Dr. Martin Lerner practices in the Detroit suburbs, so could be a good option for you.

Good luck!

6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

erica....unfortunately, i don't even think dr. lerner checks for parvo.

dr. leo galland, dr. susan levine, and dr. derek enlander (all in NYC) may treat it.

you could also phone the doctors listed on this link and see if they treat it:

an article was written about parvo by these guys so maybe you could try to contact them and see if they could help you find a doctor:

Ulrike F. Koenigbauer , Ted Eastlund and John W. Day
    From the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology and of Neurology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

LISALOO New Member

Thanks, I will look into them!!!

I can't find them. But the articles are about parvo after transfusion not CFS.[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2008]
  8. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Hi Lisa,

Just thought I'd give you a few tidbits about IGG vs. IGM titres. IGM measures the antibodies that you're body makes during an active infection - sort of the first line of defense (my MD helped me remember this by suggesting the "M" stands for marines). IGG antibodies the body makes towards the end and after an active infection in order to keep the "bad bugs" in check. An elevated IGM suggests a recent or active episode, while an elevated IGG suggests a chronic infection.

I don't know much about parvovirus. I haven't been tested for that bug. But my IGG for HHV-6 has always tested 10x the "normal" range.

Hope you're well!

LISALOO New Member

Thanks!!! That makes so much better sense.

still can't find a provider
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2008]