need encouragement for hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grammms, Jul 14, 2008.

1. grammms

grammms New Member

Dear Fibro Friends!
    Well my ALJ hearing has finally arrived this Wed. & I sure am nervous, anxious & scared. I have a wonderful lawyer who guaranteed me from day one that we would win. He knows the judge (a woman) & has never lost a case with her. She is suppose to be the best here. (Chicago) But that doesn't make me feel any better. I hate having to answer questions defending my illnesses & am afraid that FIBRO FOG will set in big time. I know many of you have been in the same boat. So please tell me that everything will be o.k.
    I've searched many web sites (& many threads on this site) so I am well prepared as to how I should look & the correct way to answer many questions. I feel better aleady just sharing with all of you. Thanx in advance for a great, great website.
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way grammms :) and an extra hug just for you. :)

Keep us posted,
    Susan
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi Grammms, take a deep breath and try and relax, it will be over before you know it. I fretted for weeks on end before my hearing, worried about everything.I had been turned down twice before getting to the hearing level which I hear is pretty common.It is a stressful event for sure but I worried about things that were not even brought up at the hearing.I didnt find out I had won my case for almost 3 months after .(which was also stressful going to mailbox each day waiting for the letter) Within a couple weeks after receiving the letter stamped "fully favorable" I received my back pay and Medicare part A&B. That part came very quickly. I had filed in 2003, so was a long time coming and I am very glad I didnt give up. I will be praying for peace to you and a "fully favorable decision"!! Take care and God Bless you!
  4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Try to relax so you don't crash afterwards. Pace yourself, you may not find out for several months afterwards and you don't want to make yourself sicker.

Marti
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

and prayer coming your way...I'm sure everything will be fine and when I finally get a hearing date..please remind me to relax:) Good Luck tomorrow!!

Deb