Need encouragement please, anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jorbax, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

I am at the end of my rope with this DD! I am in so much pain....I am only 40 years old and absolutely detest feeling so old and decrepit. I am having a difficult time managing my 2 children (ages 5 & 9)---actually 3 children---my Mother w/ dementiaa (alzh early stages) lives w/ me also.....just taking care of basic household duties is too much at this point. How do you guys handle it all???
    I am in such pain and having anxiety attacks re: if it is related to the FM/Behcet's Disease/Mixed CTD or if something that is invading my body and will kill me if I continue taking these pain meds and mask my symptoms........UGHHHHHHHHHHH I hate this. Anger outbursts which I lose control.....My 9 year old is becoming a mirror image of me slamming doors beating my fists into the door..
    I hate taking these meds......I haven't started the new anti depressant (wellbutrin) as I have been having so many weird symptoms afraid if I start it now, won't know if it is reaction related.......
    I have to keep going, have no other family to speak of to help out and hubby is doing the best he can to handle his job which is demanding.
    I just feel so alone in all of this and don't know what to do or who to call doc wise.
    Am thinking of trying the ER tomorrow if no better and having the "works" there to determine what is happpening to me this past week......
    Sorry for rambling so here.......just frustrated and don't have anyone to share it with!
    Thanks for reading if ya got this far!! :))
  2. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

Hi....I'll give you all the encouragement I have...but mine is not much.....I am new with this for 1 year and my husband and 2 teenagers all got this DD last summer at the same time as I did....I know this doesn't help, but just hang on for your children's sake....I was taking gaba for anxiety and it helped some and I think the hormones my doctor put me on are helping....I am 48 and it is difficult to handle knowing that my teenagers will soon start showing more symptoms....

Everyone on this board can share in your pain somehow and I wonder where they get all their strength also to continue...somehow they do and you and I can also...we've just got to keep believing there is a cure upon the horizon...

Take care and bless you and your family and everyone with this DD...

crissy
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I had my m-i-l in my home for five years with full blown Alz. dementia. Be careful, it was a case of not being able to "see" how sick I was becoming because I was foccused on her and her needs. It was my primary who brought it to my attention, not another family member. I argued with him, thought I was handling the situation well. Make sure you have support systems in place for her so you can get much needed downtime. Over the five year period, we lost so much sleep because she would get up at 2:00 and we could not get her back to bed. So be aware.

Fondly June

4. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

...Oh my. I can relate totally to what you're saying. These past couple of weeks have been nightmarish for me with the pain as well. I've been in tears more than once. I'd recommend you start taking the antidepressant. (I take Paxil) It seems to help with the pain and with the way I handle it. Vent here anytime! We all understand you, my friend! I will pray for you. {{{Soft hugs}}}
    Love and prayers
    Mar
  5. rozchuv

rozchuv New Member

Jorbax,
    Don't give up. Stay in the moment. I have found if I can keep my mind where my feet are I have what I need to cope with where I am. It's when I start thinking of yesterday and tomorrow that I suffer most. LOL
    Rosalyn
  6. 1by1

1by1 New Member

dear jorbax,
    totally understand. this is the first time i have replied to anyone here. i have been lurking for a long time, trying to get the courage to come on. but i am about ready to post myself. we have to all stick together, because without this board right now, i don't know what i would do. the depression is really bad for me now and i don't have anyone to talk to. i come to this board for encouragement, and you, too, will find it here. it is wonderful for all of us. we will stick this out together. anytime. i am here for you to vent.
  7. 1by1

1by1 New Member

dear jorbax,
    totally understand. this is the first time i have replied to anyone here. i have been lurking for a long time, trying to get the courage to come on. but i am about ready to post myself. we have to all stick together, because without this board right now, i don't know what i would do. the depression is really bad for me now and i don't have anyone to talk to. i come to this board for encouragement, and you, too, will find it here. it is wonderful for all of us. we will stick this out together. anytime. i am here for you to vent.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2003]
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello, so sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time right now. It seems you have too much of a plate full.

Is there someone who could help you with all that you are dealing with? Maybe someone to take over for you and give you some time to yourself? You sound like you are at a breaking point.

I have no family (to speak of either), so know how that feels. Do you attend a church, or have one to call for some help so that you can get away for at least a day? That would help.

You might want to try taking some magnesium, it is a natural tranqualizer, but with the meds you are on, please ask the doctor or pharmacist if there would be any interactions with this mineral.

A lot of us are allergic to meds, and sometimes we need a lower dosage than normal people do as we are so sensitive to differnt things.

I used to 'explode' like you just mentioned, like punching walls, and sometimes the husband too :), the only thing that was safe with me were the dogs, I have a 'thing' about hitting something that is defenseless.

The magnesium seemed to take the edge off the outburts for me, well, most of the time anyway.

I sure wish I could help you, other than to just welcome you to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

9. tandy

tandy New Member

I totally can understand your anxiety and pain!! And I feel terrible for you and others that try to keep going with very little help~ I'm a mom of 3 boys,one older and 2 younger,ages 6 and 10~ It is very difficult to keep up with them and get housework done and dinner on the table!!
    I don't work outside the home(I stopped due to this DD awhile ago)...I can barely keep up with what I do have, let alone work! I went thru a period of anxiety too.Fear of going to sleep.Fear of something taking me from my children when they need me so much right now~Heart palpitations,racing heart and racing brain that I could'nt turn off. I even went to the ER one time swaring that I was having a heartattack!! So I truley do relate to you.The only thing that helped me thru that was time and I did try a mild antidepressent~(it helped a little ...not much sorry to say) Give yourself possitive talk and tell yourself that this will pass and I will get better!!!(I know it may sound strange but it helped me) I give you alot of credit doing all your doing,with these DD!!! your doing more than I could by far!! taking care of an adult with memory struggles,and kids...and housework!!?
    I hope you are feeling better soon~ Hopefully the wellbutrin will help you when you can get on that~ I know of a couple people using wellbutrin and they are doing much better~ Please let us know how you make out.I'll be thinking good thoughts :)
    Hugs,
    Tracey
  10. bamboo

bamboo New Member

you are juggling so many balls! i agree with - oops, it's either mikie or shirl, and the questions about any possible ways to get a break from this load here and there. i don't have the parent to take care of, nor the children, but my other responsibilities and challenges also bring me to the end of my rope easily. i take trazodone for depression/sleep and xanax, judiciously and only as really needed, for anxiety. if you need a new or different type of doctor to help further with meds, check the list at the website or ask for suggestions on this board - someone may know of dr.s in your area. i have found, in the past, that seeing a naturopath helped my wellbeing a whole lot by prescribing a number of supplements and i just don't feel as good as i can without taking them. so, i hope that you find options for breaks, adequate support for medication evaluation, and have the option of getting help for looking at supplements - if you haven't already tried these things. keep talking to us, as you are able. lotsa people here are great resources.
    love,
    julia
  11. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

12. MissCates

MissCates New Member

I just started writing here too. Iam thrity two and have been dealing with this a long time. I have a four year old and a two year old. My husband has a demanding job, actually two. I will share with you the Hope that gets me through. We are preachers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been saved for 7 years now and God's grace gets me through. I have just started searching because my quality of life is going down hill. "My grace is suffient for thee" is what the Lord told Paul when his illness got too much. God uses me to reach others even if it's just praying for them. I will pray for you. I know God can heal anyone anytime and when He sees fit He will heal me, even if it's when I go home to be with Him. I will pray for your salvation, there peace will start. I will also pray for your complete healing. Also for your children that God will restore peace to them. Please know Jesus loves you and wants to hold you in His arms, just ask Him to come into your heart and be your Lord. It all starts there. If I can help you anymore, please let me know, I hope this encourages you to read the Hope that lives within me. Though my body may fail me. Jesus lives in my heart and my soul soars like an eagle! Much Love- MissCates matt6:33