Need energy tired of being tired..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 30, 2011.

1. I have had blood work so thats not it. Of course I am low on b12 but get injections. Any ideas how do you get energy? I sure need some. It seems like my life is passing me by too quickly and I am not in the game so to speak. sigh............anyone? I am lucky to get 5 to 6 hrs sleep.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Here's some suggestions:

B12- the injections quite likely are not enough. Do you do one a week or? You may need to add in sublingual methylcobalamin daily.

Folate deficiency can cause fatigue. Folic acid, which is a synthetic form of folate, can actually deprive your body of folate. The best kind of folate is called Metafolin. You can read more about a B12/folate protocol put together by Freddd on the Phoenix Rising board here:

Magnesium and malic acid, or magnesium malate - most of us are deficient in magnesium, again which can cause fatigue and combining with malic acid can help with energy. See this article on PH:

NADH - this can be pricey. It helped me once for about 10 days - I had to take 20 mg. a day, which is rather a high dose. Some people do well with 10 mg. a day.

d-ribose - this helps some.

l-carnitine or acetyl-l-carnitine or carnitine fumarate, all can help - I found I had to take 2,000 mg. a day to get results

Read this article by Dr. Teitelbaum - it has a lot of good info:

Also have your adrenals and thyroid checked out - a naturopath would be good for this, or a chiropractor who does muscle testing. Weak adrenals and hypothyroid can both cause fatigue.

There probably is no one easy answer, and most doctors know very little about FM or CFS or how to increase energy, which is why I suggest seeing a naturopath. I've also had good results with a chiropractor who was competent in muscle testing.

Good luck!

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I use some of the things already listed, one thing that I know helps me is taking a Super B-complex vitamin. I get the brand Nature Made at Walmart.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

ProHealth sells this product and the others used in the methylation protocol. Please check the store here when shopping for supps. The proceeds from sales at ProHealth provide this website for us. Everything sold in the store here is of the highest quality and well priced. The other supps you mention are also sold here.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2011]
  5. well I do get B12 2 times a month, I used to get them monthly but for some reason she changed it, I haven't noticed a difference. I asked if I should take the b12 sublingual and she said no. I guess if I could get a good nights sleep I would feel better. Like last night I went to bed at 10:30 pm woke up at 1;30AM And could not get back to sleep so I got up for an hr and watched tv. then I drag all day long. I will have to ck into folate. I took magnesium and didn't notice a difference, I also take D vit.sigh.............