Need Energy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amberortiz, Aug 5, 2003.

1. amberortiz

amberortiz New Member

I am completely drained and not getting anything done. Anyone got any ideas on boosting energy?
    Thanks
    Amber
  2. wle

wle New Member

Also drained! Am going to the Dr. tomorrow and think I will ask for a B12 shot. Has that helped anyone?
  3. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

Sorry you are so fatigued. What has helped relieve the fatigue somewhat for me is intravenous (IV) nutrients. On a weekly basis I used to go to my rheumy's office for IV nutrients. My doctor told me that people with FM have difficutly absorbing nutrients on a cellular level, and therefore, some FM patients who take vitamins orally aren't absorbing the nutrients from the vitamins. He says that taking vitamins intravenously is a direct way for your body to absorb nutrients.

The IV lasts for about half an hour and contains magnesium, b-vitamins, and other vitamins that can be found in multi-vitamin pills. I would go on a weekly basis for the IV, and it did help give me more energy, but unfortunately, my energy level was not as high as when I was healthy before FM. At this time, however, my veins are shot, and I'm not able to do the IV treatment. Maybe if you do some research online you can find out more information on this. Hope this helps and that you find something that works for you soon. Take care.
    Alicia
  4. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I wish they could come up with energy in a bottle. I just told my husband that I can't lose wait because I do not have the energy to excercise. I also do not get much done around the house. I see it and want to do it but just can not get the energy to do it.

If any one has any advice please advise. I could use some help as well.

Lisa K.
  5. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I wish they could come up with energy in a bottle. I just told my husband that I can't lose wait because I do not have the energy to excercise. I also do not get much done around the house. I see it and want to do it but just can not get the energy to do it.

If any one has any advice please advise. I could use some help as well.

Lisa K.
  6. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I HAVE BEEN GIVING MYSELF B-12 SHOTS SINCE SEPT.,2002. MY DR. GAVE ME THE RX. THE ENERGY GAIN FOR ME WAS/IS GRADUAL & NOT DRAMATIC , BUT STILL A NOTICEABLE GAIN. FOR ME , IT'S 1CC 3X'S/ WEEK. I APPRECIATE ANY GAIN OF ENERGY. I HAVE SKIPPED SHOTS TO SEE IF IT REALLY HELPS..... I HAVE NOTICED A DECREASE IN ENERGY WHEN I DO THIS , SO I GO BACK ON SCHEDULE. I THEN NOTICE A GRADUAL INCREASE IN ENERGY. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT IT DOES NOT HELP EVERYONE. THE B-12 MY DR. PREFERS IS......METHYLCOBALAMINE 1MG/ML. HOPE THIS INFO. IS HELPFUL..... TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  7. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

and all my energy is leaking out the valves in my feet.

I'm not depressed just exhausted. It's much worse than usual, my husband notices downturns in my energy and health when the weather is hot.

I drink lots of water, often including Gookinaid E.R.G., Electrolite Replacement with Glucose. It does help.

Love and Peace...and more energy please.

S.
  8. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

...for sublingual (dissolve under the tongue) B-12 and folic acid. I got them at that health food chain that you see in most of the malls. 1000 mcg of B-12 and 400 of folic acid. While it is dissolving try not to swallow. Not exactly a complete cure, but a help. Give them a try. I paid about $13 for 60, not bad. Gave a few to my dd -- she tends to be anemic and lethargic, she liked them too. From what I understand, the sublingual are better than the pills you swallow as they enter your system quicker. I figure they really can't hurt, so why not? Hope this helps
    Love and blessings
    Mar
  9. Jen F

Jen F New Member

So fatigued I haven't gone into the kitchento take my supplments.

Going to do so now, and take some sublingual B12...

thanks for the reminder.

When I get foggy i sometimes forget what might help.

I think what's going on in my bowel the last 3 days is not helping though....maybe my bowel strongly objected to one of the new ingredients of the chinese tea i was taking.

I know the Chinese doc is trying to bring more moisture into my body, but I said my MOUTH was dry. lol!
  10. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

BUMP......B/C.