Need Explanation What is the Marshall Protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaneSmith, Sep 19, 2008.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I am willing to try anything. I'm in so much pain. Can someone please explain what I need to do and I'll try it.

Thank you so much,

2. winsomme

winsomme New Member

it is a protocol that believes that CFS is caused by a combination of bacteria and a Vitamin D dysregulation. that is the very short explanation.

the treatment involves taking antibiotics, a medication called Benicar (which in theory activates the Vitamin D receptor in the body to get the immune system working more effectively) and avoidance of Vitamin D until the body has a better handle on the bacteria (because again in theory the Vitamin D dysregulation is part of the reason the body can't deal with the baceria).

this is a very controversial topic here, but if you want more info on how to do the program go to:

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

check out the methylation protocol that many people here are doing.

Personally I wouldn't touch the Marshall Protocol.

4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Most of the people who are on the MP don't respond here often.
    I think it is worth trying but its best to find a Dr. that knows about it. You need to really study the site also because you need to follow the rules of light avoidance etc.

Its the only thing that has brought me back to life.

I will say there are a small percentage of patients that just can't tolerate benicar.

If you do try it set aside doing it for 2 years to really see how much progress you have made. Don't try it for a few months and say this doesn't work because it takes a long time to kill off all the hidden bacteria that has kept us ill.

Its not a cakewalk either as you will have to experience the die off of so much bacteria that has taken over your body. But when you start feeling better you realize its all worth it.