Need FIBRO understanding doc in Evansville IN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeljoe, Dec 5, 2005.

1. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I really need a new doctor. My PCP is wonderful, but I just found out my EX is seeing him also. This normally would not be a problem but since I have a protective order against him, it is a serious problem. He is not allowed to have any contact (visual or verbal)with me or my 10 year old son. So, I have to find another doctor that understands fibro and Cfs. The thought of changing docs scares me to death anyway, but finding a doctor with fibro experience makes my fears even more real. Thanks everyone in advanced.
    Angela
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

There is an article on this site about an Evansville doctor. His name is Dr. David Johnson. The article is titled: Indiana Doctor Gives Hope to Fibromyalgia Sufferers.

You can find it by going to the top of this page and click on the LIBRARY tab. Do a search for Indiana. It is the second article listed and is dated Sep 27, 2004.

The article states: "An Evansville, Indiana physician is going to the American Academy of Pain Management conference in San Antonio Wednesday to present what could be a breakthrough finding. He suspects the chronic pain of diseases like fibromyalgia could be caused by a series of viruses."

Check it out.

Katy