Need good FMS Dr. in Jacksonville or Gainseville FL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by splitnget, Jun 29, 2003.

1. splitnget

splitnget New Member

Hi..I have just recently been diagnoised with FM by my Neuro and I am looking for a good FMS doctor in Jacksonville or Gainesville FL. If anyone knows one please respond. Thank you so much inadvacne...

Kim
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Shands Hospital in Gainesville used to have a very good Fibromyalgia program. I can't remember the name of the doctor, but she was a woman and very good. I went to a talk she gave once when she visited down here in Clearwater.
    There is a doctor referral service at the top of the page right here at this site, and you can also call Fibromyalgia Network at 1-800- 853-2929, as they have a database of docs who are recommended by the patients who subscribe to their newsletter.
    Klutzo
  3. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I have been through every rhuemy in Jacksonville and two pain management docs, two pcp's one neuro, and the list goes on and on..The best doc in the the whole south east is Dr. Andrea Trescot! She is known world wide for her re-search in FM and support for our cause along with her practive in Orange Park. I hate to get on a soap box, but I lived the past three years of my life in hell util I found her..She is honestly an amazing person...Who like a lot of us here..Suffers from FM...

Sorry to take so much time and space up..LOL I would hate to see you struggle in the way I have...

Let me know if I can help you out!

Lots of love,

LeLe
  4. splitnget

splitnget New Member

Thank you all for your replies...LeLe Someone else told me about Andrea Trescott..I looked her up in the phone book and is listed under pain management...Will she you as a patient as well as pain management? I have been going thru this for a long time and I have a 8 month old daughter and it sometimes just too hard with how active i need to be with her. The pain is often unbearable but what can you do? Thank you again.

kim