Need good Rheumy in Indianapolis, IN area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zielskawoman, Dec 2, 2005.

1. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

After my visit yesterday with the Nurse Practioner at Indiana Internal Medicine near Greenwood, I realize I need to find a new doctor. She has Fibromyalgia herself and told me in no way could a person be disabled from fibro. The only thing that she can suggest is 1 hour of walking or bike riding daily. Of course she can afford massages and trigger point injections at any time. She told me that any doctor that would say that a person with fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain and chronic fatigue could be disabled is a quack! I told her I knew of people who are on SSDI and Long Term Disability and she said they won't be going on there anymore. I'm not sure what changes in the law she is talking about. Any clues? I really need a new doctor. Thanks for listening -- I came home last night and was really upset. She gave me muscle relaxers and an anti-inflamatory drug for my arthritis and told me to get exercising for my fibromyalgia.
  2. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

Denise Thornberry. She is at the Arthritis Center, part of Clarian/Methodist/Riley etc.

She has the same attitude as your nurse practioner.

Sid
  3. twix

twix New Member

Hi neighbor!

Just curious if you are talking about the nurse practitioner at Dr. Michael Stack's office at Greenwood.If so,i can understand why she is like that because he doesn't believe in FM himself and teaches at IU. He told me it was just TENSION!!I stopped going to them and went to Dr.Kalavadoris (SP)at columbus.

He said there was no doubt that i had FM, but doesn't seem to know much about treating it.I live in the Columbus area and he has diagnosed several of my friends.His wife is also a rheumy and works with him.

Twix
  4. heatherelliott4

heatherelliott4 New Member

Hello, I just went to one in Bloomington. It was my first visit and didn't know what to expect. He ruled out arthritis and said I have symptoms of fibromyalgia but doesn't like to diagnose it but gave me a pamplet on it. He prescibed a muscle relaxer and a pain pill. Seems to be doing the trick. I see him again in January.
    He is Dr. Roushe at the Rheumatology Center of Southern Indiana. Wish you luck!
  5. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

No, the nurse practioner I see did work for Dr. Stack and then he left that practice and went out on his own. Dr. Stack did officially diagnose me with FM but I didn't go back to him because of his attitude.
  6. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

HI,

I LIVE IN KOKOMO INDIANA. I GO TO DR CONDIT. HE IS IN INDY ON N. MERIDIAN. I HAVE SEEN HIM FOR 2 YEARS. HE IS VERY GOOD. HE LISTENS TO YOU, (WHICH IS RARE FOR MOST DOCTORS)AND HE HAS COMPASSION.

BEFORE I WENT TO HIM I WAS LAYING ALL THE TIME.NOW I CAN GET OUT OF BED I CANT REALLY DO MUCH MORE BECAUSE OF MUSCLE WEAKNESS, FATIQUE AND FIBRO PAIN. BUT I AM THANKFULL TO GOD THAT I FOUND HIM.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SHMILYCSC