Need Good SSDI Lawyer near Oakland/Sacramento CA or Any State

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanette62, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

I recently filed for SSDI and need to find a good lawyer in the San Francisco Bay Area. My first choice is the Walnut Creek area, but I'm willing to go to Oakland or Sacramento if there is a really good lawyer out there.

I notice that lawyers from other states who specialize in FMS/CFS will also represent you if you are from another state. Has anyone tried this and if so was it worth it or was it too much of a hassle? Did it balance out it the end by having a lawyer who was experienced in filing cases for FMS/CFS? Did it make the process any quicker/easier?

I have FMS, neurocardiogenic syncope, degenerative disc disease in the lumbar and cervical spine, hypothyrpoidism, depression, mild tramatic brain injury, arthritis in my knees and who knows what in my hips. The social security worker said my list of doctors was the longest she had ever seen so I guess that's in my favor.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jeanette
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

I am just outside of Sacramento and have a SSDI attorney that is in downtown Sacramento.
    I am very happy with her, I have only met with her twice and just found out my hearing is March 1st.

I just kind of looked in the phone book and went from there. After meeting her we really clicked and I liked her.

Have you met with anyone?
    How long has it been since you filed?

Meghan
  3. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Hi Meaghan,

I filed Jan 16, 2007. I received some paperwork last week in the mail to fill out. I'm not sure if I should just fill it out or wait for an attorney to help me with it. I know how you answer some of the questions is important.

I would be interested in the name of the attorney you have. Does she know anything about winning FMS claims? Do you know her success rate?

Thanks,

Jeanette
  4. ETN

ETN New Member

Rate but I do know that she just told me she won a case of a 22 year old with just CFS.

I really didn't inquire because I have alot of other problems and I don't really think my fibro is the main issue. But then again maybe it is...but have neck and back issues, endometriosis....and all the other things that go with fibro and cfs. LOL

The office is Richard Shores. The attorney I am consulting with is Danielle. 916-456-4900
    4825 J Street
    ste 120
    Sacramento CA 95819

I suppose you could call her and ask