Need Healing Prayers for my PostTraumaticStressDisorder

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Mar 30, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please pray for my continued healing of PTSD. It is a long and difficult journey. And a lonely one.

Please pray that I get an extension of my insurance to pay for the therapy that I need.

Thank you for your prayers.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You are a brave and strong person, a caring person who adds so much to my life and to this community. Blessings as you deal with your PSTD.

Sue
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you so much for your loving and encouraging words! They meant so much to me that I printed them out, and kept them by me as an antidote for feeling like such a failure.

The insurance change that I am battling for is Parity, where if you have biological illness, (my psychiatrist says now that my clinical depression and anxiety disorder are biological) you have access to all your insurance coverage.

This would give me so much hope, because I could go on fighting for my healing.

Please pray for the Parity to go through - my psychiatrist is backing me up. It's just that the ins. co.'s will fight everything to the bitter end. Actually, I had applied once, and they told me I was not eligible. Thank God I brought it up with my psych. and now have her support.

I've been feeling so depressed and like such a failure because my therapist says that in the 4-6 months I have left with her I will not be able to get down to the roots of my PTSD, to discover and stop the unconscious self-sabatoging that ruins the positive things I try to do.

It's like living in a dark little space a lot of the time.

Of course I don't want to stay there.

And I'm very confused about this part of therapy I'm in.
    It is layers of the unconscious to discover, but also the mind-body connection.

And I'm starting to feel guilty about having CFS, because at any point my physical symptoms could be caused by trauma.

But if I'm too exhausted to move or think, how do I push on at that point to discover ANYTHING, when I only have enough energy to barely eat one meal a day???!!

Thank you for listening to such a long post!

And thank you SO MUCH for your prayers. It's prayer that always gets me through!

God's blessings to both of you,
    Love, Judy
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Honey I am praying that you will continue the healing you need and deserve with the PTSD!!! I also pray that your insurance company will help you out with paying for the therapy!!

You are such a strong and beautiful person. I know right now as you read this you are thinking about all the bad qualities of yourself. Well you ARE a strong and beautiful person! Don't listen to that voice that tells you the bad stuff! Believe me I know all to well what it's like!

ANYONE can give me a compliment on anything and in my head I automatically think about how I am not what they say I am. It IS self sabotaging!

Perfect example: The other day I worked through my pain and got my butt going even though all I wanted to do is lay there in my pain and depression. I got my butt up and cleaned up the house a littl.

When my husband came home he told me how nice the house looked and how proud he was of me. The first thing out of my mouth was pointing out the things I DIDN'T do!!!

It is hard for me to hear the good things. The bad things are easier to believe even when they come from yourself.

Anyway sorry to go on like that.

I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I want to thank you for being such a good friend to me and everyone else on this board. You are such a caring person and you give so much!

You deserve good things!

(((((HUGS)))))

kate
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Surely helping you pray for this my dear!

God bless you....Mari