Need Help!!! 5-HTP Question....i'm not sleeping!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Mar 9, 2003.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

I am starting to have some reactions to the Valerian Root that I take for sleep. I bought the 5-HTP a few months back and did not notice about an ingredient in it called Rice Powder. Since I have such reactions to carbs and sugars and anything white will this be in the same category as those? Just trying to get help for sleep and thought I would give this a try but don't want to go thru any reactions since they are so brutal. Desperate...Thanks Pamela
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

Bump...Madwolf, Mikie or anybody??? Plz Help!!!
  3. pamela

pamela New Member

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. debonlake

debonlake New Member

Pamela: have you ever tried Melatonin? I have used that alot in the past with good luck. I know others on the board use it too. I also use 5 HTP and ZMA at night. Since I have been using the ZMA for sleep and muscle pain, I have not needed the Melatonin. Deb
  5. pamela

pamela New Member

It made me wake up every hour and have really vivid dreams. See I can only take very limited stuff due to my intolerance to meds. This is just one more thing I need to know about. Any help would be great...just need to know if rice powder is a carb or starch!!! Thanks Pamela
  6. jka

jka New Member

debonlake-what's ZMA?where do you get it. ill try anything.

thanks
    kathyc
  7. vegansf

vegansf New Member

It's just ground up rice...with the husk etc. taken off it...so yes, unfortunately it will convert to sugar ASAP.
  8. teawah

teawah New Member

I use a TWINLABS product called Strength Fuel w/ ZMA and I sleep better than I ever have and I take no prescriptions for sleep. Also if I am out of that I take 3mg of melatonin. I hope this helps. BOL teawah
  9. debonlake

debonlake New Member

Pamela: You can get it at the store on this site or they do have it at GNC. I order mine from Vitamins 4 Life- it is a little cheaper and they have worked great. I can't remember the brand name right now. I agree with many on this board that ZMA works wonders. Deb