NEED HELP ABOUT CARBS, SUGARS AND FIBRO!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Oct 14, 2002.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

I have Fibro and multiple chemicle sensitivity. Okay...I wonder if any of you have these symptoms I will explain. I know not to eat stuff like potatoes, pastas... all carbs, starches and sugars like lactose, dextrose, fructose, glucose...anything that ends w/ "ose." But I heard that Red Potatoes were okay. So I tried eating very few of the Red Potatoes and WHAM!!!! I woke up feeling like I was getting a sore throat, my body aches, major fatigue, my head hurts, my breasts hurt and my skin underneath around my breasts and back hurts. All the classic signs of the ingredient I am not suppost to have. Why does this happen and I guess this means I can not have Red Potatoes....Why did that Fibro article say Fibro people can have red potatoes? Does anybody get these symptoms when they eat the carbs, sugars and starches? By the way I can eat ice cream and cream cheese, and white cheese. Does any of this make sense? This just hit me real hard around May 2002. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!!!
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

I have Fibro and multiple chemicle sensitivity. Okay...I wonder if any of you have these symptoms I will explain. I know not to eat stuff like potatoes, pastas... all carbs, starches and sugars like lactose, dextrose, fructose, glucose...anything that ends w/ "ose." But I heard that Red Potatoes were okay. So I tried eating very few of the Red Potatoes and WHAM!!!! I woke up feeling like I was getting a sore throat, my body aches, major fatigue, my head hurts, my breasts hurt and my skin underneath around my breasts and back hurts. All the classic signs of the ingredient I am not suppost to have. Why does this happen and I guess this means I can not have Red Potatoes....Why did that Fibro article say Fibro people can have red potatoes? Does anybody get these symptoms when they eat the carbs, sugars and starches? By the way I can eat ice cream and cream cheese, and white cheese. Does any of this make sense? This just hit me real hard around May 2002. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!!!
  3. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

I have a dietician friend who has CFS and works at home twice a week seeing 4 patients.

she has a wonderful website... it discusses these very things.

the url is : (Edited by Moderator)

hope it helps!

belle
  4. roro

roro New Member

I get sick if i eat starchy carbs or sugars. I eat mostly meats, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts. I make my own sweets out of a sweetner called sugar-Not. Sweet potatoes and yams are lower in carbs, but red potatoes are still white on the inside.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You need to find a glycemic index which shows how starchy veggies raise blood sugar and insulin levels. White potatoes means any potato with white inside. You can eat yams and sweet potatoes. The very best veggies are the green leafy veggies.

For carbs, fruit is fine, but juice is not. You need the fiber to slow down the digestion process to prevent a big influx of insulin. Some fruits have a lower glycemic index than others.

Love, Mikie