Need help at home under what category and where do i advertise...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Anafun, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Anafun

Anafun Member

Hi!i am going through a relapse of CFIDS and i have 2 kids one is a toddler to take care of.
    Can anyone tell me how and where could i find help?

I advertised under Child care but the nannys dont want to do housework.i need someone to do whatever a STOM mom does.

Under what category do i advertise?I live in pittsburgh.I dont get social security benefits as i moved from UK...My husband works long hours and i an really struggling now ...

..I have great friends who are helping me with my child now... but i cant keep asking them for help..i have no family in Pittsburgh.
    Advise please...
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Hi anafun-- There is a new social services number in the U.S. The number is 211 and they can hook you up with whatever organizations etc... are in your area that can help you with any problems. I hope that helps you. I know how frightening it is to not be able to function normally.

3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

here has alot of helpful information to where you may search.
    Hope this helps.

Be Well
  4. spacee

spacee Member

When I had a toddler, he stayed at home with me in the am and then at 11:30 went to a church daycare. He ate his lunch with the other kids, took a nap and played on the playground. I could not take care of him all day.

We hired a team of women to clean the house each week.

And we had moved and thus were able to pick a house that was in bike/walking distance to the 4th and 6 graders schools.

I could not grocery shop. Hubby did that for 3 years. I could do laundry. Finally the laundry was overwhelming and we switched. I grocery shopped on Sunday afternoons so that he would be home to bring in the groceries.

My bed was the family room, we watch tv, played games and did homework there. I always wore something that I could jump up out of bed and run a kid to practice and not look like I was in pjs. Lots of lounge clothes (even in pj department fit that discription).

What I longed for was someone to cook. Sadly, we ate a whole lot of pizza.

The kids are grown, married and have babies and doing well.

5. quanked

quanked Member

advertise for a "mother's helper"? It might be useful in your ad to list all the types of duties you will expect. Good luck.
  6. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

You might also check your local newspaper ads under the category "Services Rendered". Many people lists the types of work they will do.

Best wishes.