Need help. Denied long term disability????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Apr 5, 2007.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

My disability co. hasn’t paid me for 2 months, while their Dr. contacted my Dr's. Seems to me they only contacted one Dr. who was able to say they ruled out MS. But 3 of my other Dr's say I have Fibro, lower extremity naturopathic pain, cervicalgia, myofacitis, depression, chronic lower back pain. Facet syndrome, lumbar radiculopathy. etc....

I have gone for 3 nerve blocks, this year, I am on allot of meds. Going next week for botox to stop involuntary movements in face.

My right leg drags, my legs go numb, in hospital 3 wks ago for horrible charlie horses from feet to upper thighs, even the er dr. could believe how bad they looked.

I have lost 52 pds since Dec.; I am skin and bones in a junior’s size 3. I haven’t seen size 3 since I was 12 yrs old!

What’s with these companys???

Any suggestions. The list goes one with many other problems like IBS, I am in a diaper. And am going for colonscapy on the 18th.

Even the forms from primary, and pain management. All filled out forms that I am now totally disabled.

I could really use any help you may suggest.

God Bless,
    Cin
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi cinnveet, sorry you are having to deal with this right now, when you sound so sick to begin with, then these rotten evil idiots have to rub salt in!

1)Do you have a lawyer to contact them?

2) DOCUMENT and copy EVERY single interaction, and try not to talk to them on the phone without recording it.

3)will one of your doctors call them? (problem with this,tho, is--when they go to the trouble, no one will respond.
    I know--maybe they can FAX a note to them demanding that they contact them to synchronize their correspondence, since the LTD co. will swear they never spoke to any doc. that goes to bat for you.
    MAKE SURE TO KEEP CONFIRMATION # OF THE FAX, and keep ALL copies of everything!
    (if they sneeze and you say "God bless you", they will twist that against you unless you have copies to dispute them)

They will totally ignore you and try to ignore all docs but the one they can get to say there is no MS--and then twist this to state there is nothing wrong with you.
    Have a WELL DOCUMENTED report from a previous exam compared to an exam done now of how badly you have deteriorated, and you mentioned an ER doc--get those records, too.

GOOD LUCK to you, i hope you can gather enough evidence to get reinstated (have they sent a denial letter yet? if so, DON"T lose track of the appeal deadlines!)
    ALSO--is there a work health doctor or even bosses, coworkers, supervisors who can go to bat for you?

Good luck--L
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I am on disability pension from my old job and they didnt ask for anything except my primary drs report. That was when I was first diagnosed

Now I got my SSD in Nov for the depression instead of the FM but thats fine with me. You need help!!

Contact a lawyer or legal aid and ask for help. I couldnt have done any of mine on my own. Even with all of my pain, I think you are in alot worse shape than me.

May God send His angels to hold you close,

Suzette
  4. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

Then you must appeal, do that by the date they give you or they will try to rip you off and make you start over.
    Get a disability lawyer!!! Binder and Binder is great. New York based but offices all over US. I am in Calif. and they are representing me. WWW.BINDERANDBINDER.COM or
    1-800-742-9696. File the appeal asap with any new information and the more the better. Good luck I am still waiting for decision on my appeal cause they said the didnt get it. When I called the first time about they sent me to the voice mail of the lady supposedly handleing my claim, I left her a message and never got a call back, but because they gave me the name of the lady I thought everything was good, but I still didnt hear back for three months and when i called them again they said they never got my appeal. I had to start all over again with the appeal and I contacted binder and binder in the mean time.
    I still haven't heard but I hope to soon. Dont try to beat the government on your own you wont win. Binder and Binder work on contigency so you dont have to have the money up front and if you lose you dont pay.
    Good Luck Tam
  5. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

Then you must appeal, do that by the date they give you or they will try to rip you off and make you start over.
    Get a disability lawyer!!! Binder and Binder is great. New York based but offices all over US. I am in Calif. and they are representing me. WWW.BINDERANDBINDER.COM or
    1-800-742-9696. File the appeal asap with any new information and the more the better. Good luck I am still waiting for decision on my appeal cause they said the didnt get it. When I called the first time about they sent me to the voice mail of the lady supposedly handleing my claim, I left her a message and never got a call back, but because they gave me the name of the lady I thought everything was good, but I still didnt hear back for three months and when i called them again they said they never got my appeal. I had to start all over again with the appeal and I contacted binder and binder in the mean time.
    I still haven't heard but I hope to soon. Dont try to beat the government on your own you wont win. Binder and Binder work on contigency so you dont have to have the money up front and if you lose you dont pay.
    Good Luck Tam
  6. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your replys.

I do have an advocate who is in charge of my SSDI. I will call them first.

I just cant stand how insensitive they are. I paid a premium for so many years for short term and long term disability.

I tried to have a co worker that I can trust explain to a mgr about my condition. But dosnt seem like he can help me.

My other mgr is the one who harrassed me, belittled me, bullied me, etc.... and I cant turned to him.

But what I can do, is make a phone call to HR, because 3 complaints from managers higher up than my boss turned in serious complaints from my former boss about the harrassement. And the day before I left work I also sent in complaint.

They promised me they would keep in touch with the procedure on complaints, that was 10/05/06, i have left messages and yet to hear back from them.

My anxiety is thru the roof. I cant even open my mail as it puts me in full blown anxiety attack.

Thanks,
    Cin
    God Bless
  7. California31

California31 New Member

Also you must have a state insurance commissioner....where you could see the record of whomever your disability provider is.....who is it...Liberty Mutual....just a guess. Good luck. I understand not opening up your email...it can be very stressful....
  8. TerryS

TerryS Member

Oh, how horrible...I can't believe they've denied you!!!

What company is your LTD policy with??? I'm on Guardian. It took them two months to approve my LTD claim, but since haven't given me a hard time at all. They currently have me approved through July, and I'm only on it for CFS/FM. Of course, they will only be covering me for 24 months due to my diagnoses, but I'll take it. Maybe that's why they're not fighting me.

I agree with everyone else. Get yourself an attorney...fight this thing...document everything.

Have you applied for SSDI???

TerryS