Need help, does anyone have physio? Does it help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GlitterPott, Apr 10, 2003.

1. GlitterPott

GlitterPott New Member

Hey everyone, my doctor has refered me to a physiotherapist and I don't know whether to go. Has anyone been to a physiotherapist regularly? Does it do any good or does it just cause more pain, aggravate your joints and cause you more fatigue? Is it worth it?
    I feel so down at the moment and they tell me this will help with the pain but I am scared as I can't keep taking the disappointment. I just feel like its constant circles and nothing ever changes, everything hurts. And I have so much trouble staying positive. Does anyone know what I mean?? I feel like I am going crazy and my head might explode.
    Don't want to moan at you all, just need to talk to someone, you know?
    Take care everyone
    Lots of love, Shells xxxxx
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We're talking about physical therapy. If so, yes, it helped me tremendously with maintaining my strength and flexibility. The stretches and flexes I do help with pain too.

Love, Mikie
  3. Bobbette

Bobbette Guest

GlitterPott, Sorry to say no I have never been to a physiotherapist in fact never heard of him. But I do know how you feel. What gets me through the days is taking one at a time. If I feel soso I do what I can and forget the rest it will still be there. Then there are days I can't get out of bed. But a good friend who also has cfs and fms gave me some good advise "keep moving" which does help I hear her voice in my head every single morning. This morn. My head is saying lets get goin girl I am ready, and then there is the body OHHHHHHHH i can't move it hurts just laying her. But I got up sat in the recliner for a while ( this helps the lower back pain). Then get moving again into the shower. then I am ready for aabout 1 hour of what ever. So as you see one thing at a time. Prayers help alot for me. Also my meds. help But staying psitive is the whole ballgame. Hang in there and you are not alone You will have good days Just take them as they come. I also have a great hubby who helps when I ask. Hope you have someone you can lean on if not I can listen. ((((((HUGS))))) SOFTLY.
  4. Vicky

Vicky New Member

I' m currently having physio 3x a week for 3 months. i just finished the first month today and it really makes a difference. i had to start gradually & take things really slow at first, the first 2 weeks were the worst. i had to come home & sleep afterwards but, now i have more energy. i still get the pain but it is easier to bear, and i sleep better too! i know what you mean about feeling down all the time, but i've been feeling more optimisic since i started exercising.
    i have massages, do exercise bike, treadmill and exercises for bad posture. i think if you can stand the initial tiredness & pains it's worth it in the long run.
    hope this encourages you!

Vicky
  5. GlitterPott

GlitterPott New Member

Hey, sorry its taken me so long to reply. Thanks for the replies, I now have my appointment booked for next week and fingers crossed it will do me lots of good! Thanks for the replies, you put my mind at ease! Thanks again,
    Shelley xxx
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

and yes, it does help. I hurt more at first, but now I'm feeling better.

I'm going to sign up for the water therapy in a couple of weeks - after my daughter's graduation.
  7. GlitterPott

GlitterPott New Member

for the reply, glad to hear its helping you, the water therapy sounds good. Might look into it myself! Lovely to hear about your daughters graduation!
    Take care xxx