Need help finding a CFS doctor in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MirandaB, Jan 28, 2003.

1. MirandaB

MirandaB New Member

Hi ^^ I think I have CFS, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a physician who can diagnose/treat it ^^; I live in a rural area of eastern Kentucky, and the doctors lists I've found haven't helped me locate anyone within reasonable driving distance. One doctor I called had no idea why the physician was listed as a doctor experienced with CFS, and another doctor I called had moved his practice -- the person I spoke to had no idea how to get in touch with him. Can anyone tell me a doctor (preferably in the Lexington area) who treats CFS patients? Or direct me to someone or something that could help me find one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Miranda
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2003]
  2. MirandaB

MirandaB New Member

I might be able to do that, but probably only if necessary ^^; It'll depend on how far away I have to travel and if I can get there.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

i live in Ashland and have a good rheumy i like named ralph Samuel and a wonderful internist, Sangetta Patil. She actually wrote a letter to SSDI to help me get my SDI, I am still waiting. Do you live near Ashland?
  4. MirandaB

MirandaB New Member

I've e-mailed someone asking for a list of CFS support groups, but haven't heard a response ^^; No, I don't live in Ashland, but I can get there ^_^ Can you give me the doctor's phone number and address? Thank you so very much for all your help, both of you :)
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi Miranda, Dr Matthew Samuel is 325-9224 and Dr Sangetta Patil is 325-9769. I like both of them and they do listen to me and have been supportive of my illness's. I don't know of any Dr that specializes in chronic fatigue but you may have an underlaying disease causing the fatigue, mine is RA and fibro, which Dr Samuel dx. Dr patil put me on Ambiene and remeron and I have been sleeping much better thus relieving the fatigue to a degree. I hope this helps, my email is ckball@earthlink.net if you have any other questions. Good luck, Carla
  6. MirandaB

MirandaB New Member

Thank you very much ^_^
  7. 4mylabs

4mylabs New Member

HI Miranda

I too have CFS and was diagnosed initially by my family Dr. I then found a new Dr who specializes more in FM but treats CFS as well. My Dr is in Cincinnati. Is this too far? Let me know and I will forward you his name.

Good luck
    Julie