Need help finding a doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kego, Dec 4, 2002.

1. kego

kego New Member

I'm looking for a good CFS/FM doctor in Anchorage, Alaska. Anyone know of a good one - preferrably one who is on Blue Cross/Blue Shield preferred provider list?
  2. kego

kego New Member

I'm looking for a good CFS/FM doctor in Anchorage, Alaska. Anyone know of a good one - preferrably one who is on Blue Cross/Blue Shield preferred provider list?
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I clicked on the button at the top of th epage that says Doctor Referral and youo have several to choose from in Anchorage. I hope one will take you BC/BS. I had to go out of network for my doc, but my insurance still pays 70% after the deductible.

Barbara

Anchorage, AK
    Dr. Lynn Hornbein
    1200 Airport Heights Drive
    Anchorage, Alaska 99508
    Tel: (907) 272-3366
    ("Dr.Hornbein is CFIDS and FM educated and very compassionate. She does not hesitate to get in touch with other physicians to learn more. She is open to suggestion." It is reported, however, that she does not accept Medicare.)

M.K. Lamagdeleine, D.C.
    500 E. Tudor Road
    Anchorage, Alaska 99503
    Tel: (907)561-4864
    (He does not specialize in CFIDS, however, he believes the illness is real, he is willing to listen and learn, he can help with pain, he will refer to other health professionals when necessary, and he cares about people.)

Paulette Leguizamon, CFNP
    207 E. Northern Lights, Ste, 201
    Anchorage, AK 99503
    Tel: (907) 272-3564
    (Aetna Insurance/Ethix referred me to her. She's had cfids for 4 years, so she understands (!) and wants to treat cfids patients. She will help you with conventional as well as naturopathic treatments.)

Dr Torrey Smith, ND
    3330 Eagle St.
    Anchorage, AK 99503
    Tel : (907) 561-2330
    (Naturopathic doctors are licensed physicians in Alaska; however, they can't prescribe drugs and are not affiliated with the local hospitals; Aetna pays for office visits, lab tests, etc. BUT not for naturopathic/over the counter products/vitamins; he can help you with all areas of your life; he is very caring and compassionate; he acknowledges CFIDS; he is great at spinal manipulations/adjustments.)

4. kego

kego New Member

Barbara -

Thank you! I'm brand new to this site and didn't have a lot of time to spend exploring the links. I appreciate your feedback!
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Kego, welcome to the board. Glad Barbara could help you.

Hope we hear from you often, I think you are the only member from Alaska, that I know of.

How is the weather there? Are is this a silly question!

Again, welcome to the group.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. kego

kego New Member

Thank you. Anchorage is one of the warmest parts of the country right now! Actually, I travel a lot with my job and I'm currently in Michigan. It's about 20 degrees colder here than at home. That is unusual though; normally we would have a lot of snow and it would be quite cold this time of year.

[ advertisement ]