Need help finding a new home............

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Jul 10, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

"Ok" for those of you who already know that my home was in foreclosure....well as of today it supposedly is reinstated.....

I made a post on the regular board ( fm ) about what happened with the mortgage co they really pulled a nice one on us...........

anyway.....the deal they made is one that obviously we will not be able to honor.................but for the moment at least the foreclosure is stopped....this buys us a little time but not much.......

my dilemma is that we have dachshunds.....they are our "babies" and we cannot live without them so wherever we go they go with us!

My husband and I need to find a home that we can rent that will allow us to have our dachshunds........I already know this is not going to be easy at all ..................

Everyone here has always been so helpful with ideas so Iam here asking for ideas.......

if you or anyone you know of has information or a website that can help us find a new rental home that we can honestly keep our babies please let us know.......

I live CA ....

any help or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated..........

thank you all so much

2. blkkat

blkkat New Member

you'll just have to call around , a lot of places allow pets, they want a damage deposit of course but they usually work with you. hope this kinda helps.

3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Dear Doxy,

I know that where I live there is some sort of publication or website that lists rental properties that take pets. Maybe there is something like this in your area?

Also, for housing and other assistance, really has a lot of useful information about assistance you might be eligible for.

I really do feel for you, and am sending postive, healing energy your way!

4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

for those who have written to me! mortgage payments were 11 weeks behind and they already had a sale date set for Sept!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow...during the few weeks we were trying to get the loan re-instated we had numerous letters come in the mail and even one guy came to my door, all of them wanting to buy my house I know we could see it to one of these people....

but my feeling is that these people are investors that kind of take advantage of someone elses misfortune and try to get houses...........

"Yeah" it can get someone out of foreclosure on their credit but for some reason it bothers me that these people are taking advantage of people losing their homes!

I hope Iam making sense!?

Anyway...........Iam thinking we really need to find something cheaper to move to..............but where we would find that I don't know.............especially with all of our pets!

thanks for writing to me!

5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

google your local housing authority in your county...they may have housing for seniors and the disabled....the can give you referrals to low income housing..get your name on any section 8 waiting list that you can be in any this country.

tell them you are disabled,,,,that w/help. alot of apartments allow pets...and i believe if you are disabled you have animal rights to be allowed to have them due to your disabilities.

i know soon in about 7 years i w/be allowed to apply for senior housing at 50 years of age. so there may be some available units in your area or closer to your hubby's work.

how many doggies do you have? i forget...

go to in your area...and click on the rentals.

there may be non profits that w/help w/a deposit or the local housing authority may know who helps people in need...

just ask questions....

6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, Doxy!

There is already some good advice here for you but I wanted to add that with the housing market as it is now, you might find it easier to rent if that's what you need to do. I assume you're planning on putting your current home on the market, right? I'd ask the realtor you choose to list your house for help in finding a rental that would accept well-behaved, small pets. An add in the local paper might work well too. People are looking for good renters.

Good luck with this - and more sticky hugs,

7. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I appreciate all of you so much thanks for being here for me!

I wrote you a letter..............thank you so much for this info.....Iam very interested .........write me when you can and let me know ok?