NEED HELP FINDING LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KIMHURTS, May 2, 2006.

1. KIMHURTS

KIMHURTS New Member

Does anyone know of any local Fibromyalgia support groups in Rochester, New York?
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

if you goto the arthritis web site here is the link.

http://www.arthritis.org

you can do a search from there to see if there is one in your surrounding area

Also found this site

http://fmaware.org/fame%0newsletter/famedirect_newyork.htm

Take Care

Jake
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

1. Check out this site for SGs

2. Look on co-cure.org's site for SGs

3. Look on CFIDS Assoc. of Amer. caa-org, for SGs

4. Check out CDC.gov for CFS SGs

5. Call Rochester, NY United Way: they list SGs in all states, and FM is common enough, they probably have more than one!

6. Call biggest Rheumatologist group in your town: bet they know of one, or someone who can tell you.

Best of luck, ok? BTW, WE are the most informed SG in the world!!! LOL

findmind
  4. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi Kim,

I'm from Pittsford, NY, right outside of Rochester and know about a support group. They meet twice a month, one time during the day and another time at night. The day time meeting is in Brighton from 11-12:30 at Brighton Recreation and the evening meeting is in Greece, from 7-8:30 at the Greece Town Hall.

They ususally meet the second Tuesday for the evening meeting and the last Wednesday for the noon meeting.

You can find them under the Fibromyalgia association of Rochester New York. I don't think I can post e-mail addresses or regualar address for the group. I hope this helps abit.

Sandy
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Hope you found SGs in your areas...

Meg, you esp....look at my original reply to kimhurts about all the places to look for sgs in your area...

Best to you both.
    findmind
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

The nearest one to me is about 30 minutes away. After a long day, I can't drive that far. I'm thinking about starting my own. Next week, when the newspaper article on me and CFS/FM comes out, I'll see what kind of response I get. I asked him to include my email addy in the article so people can contact me for more info...like I'm some kind of expert! LOL

Good luck finding one...or start your own!

God Bless.