Need Help Finding New Doc in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsweetie, Apr 16, 2007.

1. FMsweetie

FMsweetie New Member

I've relocated to Indianapolis, Indiana and hope someone can recommend a kind, empathetic internal medicine doctor. I have FM/CFS, OA, degenerative disc disease, depression, anxiety, etc. For pain I am on 20 mg. oxycodone 2 times per day since 2002, also approved for SSDI same year. I went to an internal med dr appointment (I found him through an Indianapolils physician referral service) who said I should not have amount of pain to warrant being prescribed oxycontin and totally discredited me, my previous pain management doc, rheumatologists and internal med. doc from the state where I lived until last month. I left in tears - I felt as if I'd gone back in time of pre-diagonosed FM/CFS and pre-approved social security.

Any suggestions or names of primary care doctors is appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Here is a few doctors from Indy that treat Fibro. Hope this helps.

Denise Thornberry
    Methodist Medical Plaza
    201 Pennsylvania Parkway
    Suite 315
    Indianapolis, IN (317)-817-1400

Dr. Batt
    Methodist Hospital
    1801 N. Senate Blvd., Suite 315
    Indianapolis, IN (317) 962-3500

Dale Guyer, M.D.
    836 E. 86th St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46240

3. FMsweetie

FMsweetie New Member

Thank you, Carolin, for your reply. I will call their offices.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Let me know if you decide to see Dr. Guyer. Many people find him cost-prohibitive, but I think he's very good.

If you do a search, you should find a pretty recent thread with an interview with him, too.

Good luck!

Best, Lisa
  5. whittk03

whittk03 New Member

I moved here and had a wonderful doctor in houston that i continued to use for years! he died last month and i found myself in a terrible position of running out of meds. I can tell you where not to go meridian health group---they have an inpatient suboxone racket going!! there are a couple of docs that know how to listen but it seems they are not accepting new patients---if you have insurance check the directory and start calling the offices and explain your problem and ask if they are willing to treat long term chronic pain patients with medication. good luck