Need help for my sister

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Belinha, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Belinha

Belinha New Member

My sister is 68, overweight and diabetic. A Dr. gave her xytromax for a bad flu a few weeks ago and know she is battling with a severe yeast infection. She has tried all the otc meds and others Dr's gave her but nothing helped and she is desperate with the itching and dryness. Anyone know of any natural home made remedy that could help her?

Eternally grateful

2. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I do not know how she can get rid of it for good but, Monastat has a tube of powder gel. It works wonderful for relieving dry and itchie skin.
    Hope this helps.

3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Belinha,
    A couple things ypou can try if you have a health food store, or supermarket. Buy the organic tampons and soak them in organic plain yogart till their soaked up and apply. Do this till your better. You can also get a product called "yeast free" by King Bio Natural medicine, it's a spray that you spray in your mouth to treat yeast problem's.

Watch that diet! As little sugar as possible, no cheese or anything that encourages yeast. I'm sure their will be other's with more suggestions. Hope your sis gets the help she needs!

4. Belinha

Belinha New Member

Thank you I will tell her to try all (not at the same timelol) and hopefully she'll get some relief.

I love this site, for everything!

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

The yogurt/tampon sounds like a good idea (even if a little unusual).

Your sister should also be taking a good probiotic. Antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria. I would go to the health food store and ask for advice re a good product.

Coconut oil kills yeast as well. You can apply it topically to your skin and ingest it, one to two tablespoons a day. Virgin coconut oil is the best kind, and again, get if from a health food store, not WalMart. Or you can order it on-line too.

Good luck with this-