Need help from all you guys on this board PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfrazier, Sep 3, 2006.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

For the past 4 days I've been having a lot of burning pain in my hip and outer and upper thigh. Enough that it almost brings tears to my eyes. I have bursitis and a hernated lower back disc. I hate going to the emergency room for something I shouldn't be worried about so I need all your opinions on if this is just some of the same old stuff or could it be something new that needs to be looked into. It is in the same thigh and hip that it has always been in. I have celebrex for the arthritis and I'm on hydrocordone for pain and none of it is taking the pain away? Please help!!!!!!! I'll try to keep looking in to see if I have any answers........SueF
  2. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

I am really sorry that you are having so much pain.

And I am sorry to say that I don't have any experience with the symptoms that you are having.

But I just wanted to say that I feel bad for you that you are in so much pain.

I am sure that someone will recognize what you are saying and will respond.

Jeanne
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

Can you get to an orthopedic surgeon? If physical therapy doesn't help they usually give you several epidural shots and if that doesn't help then maybe surgery?

Best wishes!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have the same type of pain, so I know what you are talking about.

Does this pain also radiate down your leg?

If so, it might be a pinched nerve in your spine.

I also have the herniated disks, and tons of other stuff wrong in my back.

I also have a pinched nerve between L4-L5-S1 in my low back. It causes tremdous pain, which often brings me to tears, and causes pain and numbness down my leg and to my first two toes. My doc said it is according to where in your spine that the nevre is pinched as to what other pain you will have. (For example, when I told him that my leg and first two toes were numb and very painful, he knew the nerve was pinched between L4 and L5.)

I agree that you need to get an MRI or CT scan of your lumbar spine.

I just had a CT scan because I can't have MRI's due to my pacemaker, but the MRI is preferred for a better diagnosis.

Going to an ER will probably do you no good. They normally don't do CT scans and MRIs -- they tell you to go to your family doctor when you get out, and they just treat your immediate pain. At least that is how our ER's work. They are meant to take care of immediate concerns and emergencies, and stabilize you until you can be treated in your doc's office. They will inform you that they are not a diagnostic center--ours told a neighbor that one time!

I hate to hear that you are in this type of pain because I know it so well. I have not had any type of pain med relieve my pain. I also made 10-15 visits to a chiropractor in hopes to help the pain -- and it did not!! I also had physical therapy and 3 LESI's (lumbar epidural spinal injections) and neither helped a bit!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

See this is where my problem is coming from and why I don't know what to do. I had a CT scan done around a month ago here and that is how they found the herniated disc. I then went to a pain clinic where I recieved an ephedural of steroids not even 3 weeks ago. I just can't believe that everything is wearing off this quickly. They told me it would last 3 months to a year. I'm really at a lose. There is a huge difference between three weeks and three months. I was just hoping for someone to know if it could possibly be the same thing or maybe another herniated disc. I'm just worn out from all of this pain and not getting any relief. I'm calling all three doctors on Tuesday; rhuemy,pain clinic and my local doc. Out of three I should be able to get one answer other then to come in I hope.....SueF
  6. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

Ask your doctor about a novocaine shot in your lower back and upper thigh. It works wonders!