Need Help Interpreting Lab Results

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kd25, Dec 20, 2008.

1. kd25

kd25 New Member

I just got test results in the mail. It lists different IgG and IgM numbers. Most say absent. IgG P41 and IgM P23 antibodies are present. Does that mean I have and or had lyme disease?
  2. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

KD25
    My understanding is that IGM means that you have antibodies are fighting currently, and the disease is current.
    IGG Grandfather means that the antibodies are old.
    (I just think in my head IGM - M for Minute, and IGG - G for Grandfather. But, I have to do things like that to remember)

I have heard if you have any antibodies present then you either have had a vaccination, or had the bacteria present in your body.
    But, I was just recently diagnosed and am learning a lot. The members here are really good and will answer you!!!
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Read "Understanding the Western Blot" by Dr Charles Crist. www.drcharlescrist.com

It helps to know what lab the test was done by because some labs don't report on bands 31 and 34. Band 31 was specific enough to make a Lyme vaccine out of it. But after the reporting criteria was changed at the Dearborn conference Band 31 is not tested by some labs.

If you have band 41 positive then the only 3 things it can be are: Lyme, syphilis or gum disease.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2008]
  4. kd25

kd25 New Member

did my test and did not test band 31 or 34. I am also positive for band 23.
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

http://www.hormoneandlongevitycenter.com/lymedisease/