Need help - I've asked MCS sufferers for facial skincare recs before... rop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Dec 21, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Can I ask those MCS sufferers here who haven't replied in the past what you use to cleanse and moisturise your face especially if you also have very sensitive skin.

I have rosacea affecting eyes and face and I need a very gentle cleanser that I can use to clean both face and eyes (if I clean my face and eyes with just water they get v. sore) and also a facial moisturiser. My face is v. red, dry and sensitive but I cannot use plain oils :(

I would love any product recs! I am having real trouble finding stuff. Right now I have a little bit left of the only eye/ facial cleanser and also a little of a moisturiser I can use but both have been reformulated and I do not tolerate the updated versions :(

I seem to react to all skincare but these two but pretty soon I won't have them. I have to clean my face and eyes (it's key to managing the ocular and facial rosacea) so I really need products I can use without a severe chemical sensitivity reaction... Finding tolerable stuff is very much key to managing symptoms, isn't it so I am terrified of how I will cope when I run out! If you can help, please do... I'm willing to try any product..everything so far causes a horrendous reaction.

The odd thing is that if I don't use anything on my face and eyes I get symptoms pretty much similar to a severe chemical sensitivity just comes later on in the day.. It's v. difficult (when I use nothing!) to know what's going on and to know how much I can attibrute to chemical sensitivity..

I am much more sensitive to stuff I apply than stuff I breathe in too it seems...

Thanks for any help or advice...

I appreciate it. Shelbo :
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I use Dove soap to clean my face and olive oil . When I wear make up the only one I can use is Bare Essentials. Unless I go out I don't bother with make up.

MCS is terrible for me especially smells I only use Perxiod and Joy dish detergent to clean house with even my furniture, sometimes I use olive oil as a polish .

When I smell certain smells it does something to my sinuses and causes body aches do you have this problem?

Good Luck,
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I so totally understand how hard it is to deal with severe MCS - I am in the same boat.....reacting to more and more things, too

so far I can still use Ivory soap, though it does make my skin quite dry....I use cetaphil cream on my body and face to counteract that and it does not bother me

a couple of other things that you might want to try (if you haven't already) are coconut oil avocado oil, and sesame seed oil (more for the body than the face, though)

I cannot handle make up, so I don't know what to suggest in that area

Oh, I've also been told that castille soap is a really gentle soap, but so far all the ones I have found have had fragrance added, so they totally won't work

4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I am able to tolerate so many more things after nebulizing glutathione. Check out Dr Grace Ziem's protocol on this. I think it's important to be on the right amounts of adrenal hormones too. My MCS is gone for the first time in over 31 years.

I was able to tolerate Murad and Bare Minerals even when my MCS was horrible. I have not been able to go crazy with perfumed products but it's nice to be out in the real world without smelling everyone's perfume and fabric softener on their clothes. I can still pick out a smoker from 2' but things are much better.
  5. onset1990

onset1990 Member

Oil of Olay face wash "for sensitive skin".
    I also use their "mild" moisturizers, nothing too strong
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

I use California Baby products - they have a website to order online or I sometimes find them in the health food store like Whole Foods- be sure to get the unscented.

I have also used Cetaphil - cleanser and mosturizer. I use and adore Paula's Choice (also on-line) right now - all of which have no scent.

I use unscented Clearly Natural glycerin soap (also online) too - for bath or shower. The less ingredients the better.

For after shower or bath - California Baby makes a great unscented moisturizer with a pump.

Hope this helps...

God Bless,