****NEED HELP ,,LEG PAIN******

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gmom605, Dec 31, 2005.

1. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

DOES ANYONE RELATE TO THIS I HAVE SO MUCH PAIN ON BOTH MY LEGS ESPECIALLY ON MY THIGHS THEY FEEL LIKE THEY WEIGH
    ABOUT 50 POUNDS EACH.YOU SHOULD SEE MY ANKLES THERE SO
    SWOLLEN BUT AS SOON AS I PICK MY FEET UP POSITION IN A
    RECLINER IT GOES AWAY THE SWELLING ,,THEY GIVEN ME ALL
    KINDS A OF TEST EVERTHING COMES OUT OK ,,,
    BUT THE PAIN STAYS,, THEY GAVE ME GABAPENTIN
    BUT,,,,, I STAY AWAKE AT NIGHT WITH IT SO DON`T KNOW!
    I DON`T KNOW WAHT TO DO,,NEED SOME ADVICE,,,,
    ,,,gmom,,,,

2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Sorry you're hurting so badly.

Can anyone give Gmom some good advice for leg pain?

Have you tried taking calcium/magnesium? My girlfriend has FM also and her legs hurt her very badly. Cal/mag helps her a lot. Take it at night before bed and it will help you sleep. May take several days to several weeks (six to eight) before you can tell a difference, but it will help.

It helps me pretty fast when I remember to take it.

((((GMOM)))))

Kendra
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2005]
  3. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

KENDRA,,,
    You know i just have that in my med counter i will take it tonight!!!!!!! thank you again,,i`ll let you know how
    i feel in couple of days,,,, oh, how many tabs. do i take ? what i have is Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc is that ok?
    well i guess i`ll take 2 tab at night ,,, gmom,,
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

Read the bottle and see what it says. If it says once daily, then just take one tonight and so on.

If it says two daily, I still would probably try one tonight and then one in the morning and one more tomorrow night.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kendra
  5. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

SUE,,,,
    thank you for your reply,,,, and yes the Dr. just started me on chol. meds Lipitor 20 mg. my chol. was 285
    i`ve been on them about 10 days now,,so i`ll see what happens,,,,thank you again,,,gmom,,,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,,,
  6. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Thank you!! Kendra

Happy New Year!!!!

to you and your family!!!!!!!!

,,,gmom,,,,
  7. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

For some quick relief try wrapping your legs with a heating pad. Get some light weight longjohns they help also. Keep those legs warm. It helps! Good Luck
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

Happy New Year to you too.

Also, if the heating pad starts to hurt, try using moist heat.

I was told by my chiropractor that dry heat can increase pain, not ease it.

Everyone is different. Get in a hot shower if you can.

If you have someone to help, get them to wet some towels and apply them to your thighs.

It's so hard to hurt that badly.

Let us know how you are doing.

Kendra
  9. kch64

kch64 New Member

Gmom- my mothers legs used to ache terrible at times, and her legs would swell.

She swore by an old-fashioned remedy. They don't make it anymore but you can mix your own.

if you can get some spirits of camphor at the drugstore, get some oil and mix one part camphor to about three parts oil. then Shake it really good (it won't mix up well until you shake it everytime) and them pour a little in your hand and rub it on your thighs and lower back.

It used to ease her pain a lot. They used to make camphorated oil in the olden days but quit. I guess it was helping someone (hahahahaha). You can mix it with any oil that can be used on the skin. Olive, vegetable, castor. Someone on this site said castor oil alone helped her pain. You can get that at the drugstore too.

I hope the smell of camphor doesn't bother you. I like it, but some people don't. If the smell bothers you then don't use it (of course smile). spirits of camphor isn't expensive either.

you know moms, and they know a lot about stuff and she used to use this often as did my grandmother.

hang in there.

Kendra
  10. shell3

shell3 New Member

hi gmom i have the worst leg pains and as the day wears on they get worse.. i put sportscream on ..rub it in good.sometimes i sit in a bathtub with the water as hot as i can stand. also surgical stockings have helped me at times..also pain meds.. nothing worked last night i never got to sleep until 5.00 am what a night!!!just keep trying things and hopefully you will find something that works for you. i wish you good luck, shell3
  11. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I also deal with leg pain. I would try taking a warm soak in the tub. I always use my heating pad and heating blanket wrapped around my legs. I was taking 1000mg of magnesium for a while there for my leg pain. Now my PCP has lowered my dosage to 150mg per day. I would talk to your doctor about the magnesium before starting it but I think it made a big difference in my pain. Also, You should try the Fibro freedom supplements. There are my different brands in all the herbal stores.. I don't know of a quick fix but I do believe over time the Fibro freedom and magnesium do help.
    Wishing you health and happiness for the New year!
    Angela
  12. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Thank you!!!!!

for all your replys ,,your the best,,,

i will try to do everthing ,,i got in the shower
    while ago and it seem to help ,,,, i like the smell

of camphor i`ll try that ,, do you have to go through the Dr. to get those surgical stockings? where can you

buy them?
    thanks alot for caring!!!!!!!!!!!,,gmom,,,
  13. kch64

kch64 New Member

You can get them at pharmacies and I think drugstores too.

Glad the shower seemed to help a bit.

See, you get all kinds of help from this board. (smile)

Kendra

Oh, by the way, you can keep that camphorated oil in a bottle in your medicine chest. It will be fine that way.

14. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

*KENDRA*
    LIKE HAVING LOTS OF SISTERS!!!!!
    ,,gmom,,,
  15. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi G-mom. Just wondered if you were feeling any better.

Kendra
  16. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

HI THERE Kendra,,

my legs are killing me,, i`ll be going to the dr. tomorrow,,i go and see a pain mag. Dr. and he
    gives me injections on my tender points between

12 to 14 shots and i do ok for 3 wks or so,,
    but Thank you for caring!! i`ll let you know how i do after my app. And i`m still taking the magnesium it`s helping me to sleep i can tell ,,and when i go in the
    shower and run the hot water my legs feel great for
    awhile,,but then the pain comes back and i can`t walk at all,, take care Kendra,,,,gmom,,,,
  17. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm just checking in on you. I'm glad the magnesium is helping somewhat with your sleeping. I'm sorry your legs are still hurting so badly.

I hope the docs can give you something to ease the pain.

Hugs,
    Kendra
  18. darude

darude New Member

Walking on two broken legs!!!! My are getting worse daily.
  19. dannybex

dannybex Member

I have more CFIDS than fibro, but whenever my legs start to tighten up and get sore, I realize i haven't taken L-carnitine in a week or so.

A google search on the web will turn up tons of information, but for now I'll just try to summarize: It helps the body utilize fat for energy, it has many studies showing it helps cardiovascular function, liver function, and as a result, studies have shown that it helps increase walking distance, agina, arrythmias, helps lower cholestrol and triglycerides, and on and on...

I take 3 500mgs a day. It really makes a huge difference after only 2-3 days.

Hope this helps,

Dan

p.s. I also find that my soreness increases if I eat too much refined grains, breads, pastas, and meat, and improves when I eat more vegetables...