Need help/ Medtronic Neurostimulator???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope1013, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Hope1013

Hope1013 New Member

I am really needing some feedback from someone that has personal experience or knows someone with personal experience with the Neurostimulator. It is the same thing that Jerry Lewis has implanted in him for his back pain.

My Pain doc of 6 six years thinks this is my last option. The injections and epidurals have quit working for me. My major, major pain is in my neck and left shoulder. I have back pain also , but the neck & shoulder pain is what really gets the best of me. I have been going to a chiropractor , but so far no relief there either. I have buldging disks and cervical spondylosis and stenosis.

I have also been dx'd with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, peripheral neuropathy, asthma/allergies, . and depression.

Any comments will be appreciated. I go for a consultation on Monday about the Neurostimulator.

Hope (aka belle)
  2. tjo

tjo Member

My sister used it several years ago for back pain and it didn't help her. She doesn't have Fibro. If you get it, please let us know how it worked. Good luck! tjo
  3. Hope1013

Hope1013 New Member

Did your sister just do the trial with the neurostimulator,,or actually have the surgery and have it implanted in her back? What was the cause of her back pain?