Need help My posts' are always too far to the left

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladydi, Apr 5, 2003.

1. ladydi

ladydi New Member

I need someone to help me figure out why my lines always
    end up so far on the left side of the page. While I am
    writing, I completely fill in what I think is the whole box
    in which I'm given.

I can seem to figure out how to increase the length of the
    lines, therefore, after I hit reply button, I find that my
    post is about a mile long. Because all the words are too
    far on the left.

Sorry for taking up this time for a non-essential question,
    but I do feel like it drives people crazy to read my post
    that way.

Can anybody gently help, I'm a computer idiot?
    thanks
    di

2. Mike

Mike New Member

I think that you must be hitting the <Enter> key at the end of each line. Don't do that, the message box will automatically place the <Enter> for you.
  3. coyote

coyote New Member

I believe it has something to do with which browser you are using. When I use Internet Explorer to look at this web site, the lettering fills the screen. If I use Netscape, the lettering appears too far to the left. I don't think there is anything you can do about it.
  4. ladydi

ladydi New Member

You know sometimes when I write, there will be one or two lines that will go all the way over to the end of the complete box after I've "posted this reply". I just thought there may be some way I could adjust my margins or something to that effect.

I sure appreciate you're both taking your time to help me try and figure this one out.
    You would know that my husband is a builder and program
    designer of computers. But, when I ask him, he just sorta acts like I don't know what I'm talking about, which I guess I just don't quite know how to explain it to him.

I use google as the search enjine, I don't know if that has any thing to do with it. I would like my post to be compact, with longer lines, instead of the narrow ones.

To give you another clue, my "message box" Is only about
    maybe 6 inches wide. But, there have been times when my lines go all the way across the full screen when I'm completley finished.

Maybe I need to find out how to get a bigger box to type in
    my message.

How big is the "message box' you are given? I've even tried
    to hit the full screen box. It didn't enlarge my area at all.

Thanks again for your time.
    Diane

See what I mean, I did nothing different in this post, it just put some of the words over there to the right. Go figure. Maybe one day the fog will lift. Maybe this computer has got a "fog" of it's own. LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2003]
  5. ladydi

ladydi New Member

You were right, when I went back and tried the internet explerer way, it made all the difference in the world. But, you see my hubby has this message board linked to my favorites site. So I have to figure out a way to re-do the
    favorites site off of the internet explorer.

I wrote a ficticious post, just before this, from the internet explorer way, that how I learned. But, I deleted it.

Thanks,
    Diane