Need help on how to take the Shake camping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

We are actually going camping this weekend. I know, camping on 4th of July weekend, Sheesh! DH loves it and so do my kids. Can I just stay home? Okay, enough griping.

How do I take my Shake camping? Obviously I can't pack my blender and plug it into a tree!

livnlife had a good suggestion of blendering up the apples and freezing them into ziplocs. I think that's a great start. Can I put the molasses into the mix, too? What else that goes in the shake can be frozen? The whey? The ground flax? My green food supplement?

I usually also put lots of frozen fruit and a banana into it. Will it be dull as dirt without the fruit?

Any and all suggestions welcome!
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Freezing the whole thing makes sense. I think I will make 3 days worth of shake to freeze. I can go without it the 4th day, I guess. Mostly because I don't think it will stay frozen in our cooler that long!

I usually do put pineapple in it, so that's no problem.

This whole camping trip will be an experience. 6 hours in the car to get there. Then four nights in the tent trailer. Then 6 hours to get back. Yikes! Wish me luck!
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Just take your blender and plug it into a current bush!

We always tell my daughter that when she goes camping because she can't live without a hair dryer and curling iron!

Have a good time!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You may be happy with freezing the apples etc., but I wonder if those small individual containers of applesauce (organic is best) would work. They are sealed and easy to carry with you. You would have to have the other ingredients in another package.

Just a thought. Regardless,have a great time.
    Kathy.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Stormy - I think I'm going to just go ahead and make 4 shakes and freeze them in 4 individual quart ziplocs. Then I can add my Fatigued to Fantastic powder just before I am going to drink it. I can just drink it right out of the ziploc with a straw. No mess to clean up!

I am going to freeze them flat and stack them in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice in it. That should keep them frozen! (Maybe TOO frozen! LOL!)

greenbean - I'll have to look for a current bush! LOL! Girls can't be without their hair dryers and curling irons! After all, there might be BOYS camping somewhere nearby!

pianowoman - I thought about those little containers of applesauce, too. But, I'd need a case of them, since I'll be camping for 4 nights. LOL! I think it's a good idea for shorter trips, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm also going to take my Cuddle Ewe to sleep on! Don't leave home without it!

6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

DH told me I should post on the board and ask if anyone has actually DIED from not eating the shake for 4 days.

I said "Well, they wouldn't be posting if they had!"

LOL!!!!
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Maybe not, but I wouldn't want to risk it!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I was going to suggest it, because its more portable and won't go bad, but I dind't think you could get some in time.

When I was trolling Prohealth supplements I noticed that Fatigued to Fantastic and another Prohealth knockoff that's almost the same, had such similar ingredients to the shake taht its no wonder the F to F mix is so popular and lots of people get results w/ it.

jeanne
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Jeanne - I never really thought about the shake having similar ingredients to F to F. That's an interesting thought.

I'm sure there is some overlap with the amino acids and the aminos provided by the whey protein. And I'm sure the molasses would cover some of the minerals. I know F to F also has Selenium and N-Acetylcysteine which I don't think would be in the shake. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What else do you think is duplicated? Do you think I am being redundant by adding F to F to the shake?

BTW, I only add 1/2 scoop, so 1 container lasts me a few months. And I have to say, I'm feeling better since I've been taking it. Maybe it's adding some little thing I'm deficient in.

livnlife - Can you believe I am taking TWO trips this summer! I figure this camping trip will prepare me for Tahoe. Only Tahoe will be WAY better because I'll have a real bed, hot water, a blender, people cooking for me, people waiting on me.......WAY BETTER!!!

I told my kids about Tahoe and they were thrilled! Yipee! They didn't even care that they weren't going. They were just excited that they get to stay with their best friend for 5 nights! That worked well!

I still don't have a place to stay, but I'm working on it. There are SO many places online!! I'll really hit it hard when I get back from camping. One thing at a time!

10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Last night I made 4 shakes and froze them in quart sized ziplocs. I did make 4 separate shakes, because my blender only holds 1 shake at a time. Plus it was easier to keep quantities correct that way.

It went surprisingly well! The neat thing is that I only had to clean my blender once at the end! If this setup works well, I may do it this way more often! Way less cleanup!

11. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

It's 75 degrees right now and it's only 8:00am. It's supposed to get up to 96 today. It's been record breaking heat. I'll definitely be taking my little water spritz bottle!

I'm eating one of my "shake-in-a-bag"'s right now. (Test run!) I froze it overnight in the freezer. Then last night I took it out and left it on the counter overnight. This morning I added my 1/2 scoop of F to F powder and mixed it around right in the ziploc. I put a straw in it and closed the ziploc around the straw. Then I put the bag into a bowl so I could carry it around the house.

It's not bad! My only complaint is it's not as cold as I'm used to. My shakes are pretty icy since I use frozen fruit. I think I may try thawing it in the regular ice chest instead of at room temp.

Cleanup will be a breeze--just toss the ziploc!

Bottom line is that I'm gonna have my shake camping! Yippee!
  12. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I loved "defoliate"! I do mine so seldom it would be defoliate instead of exfoliate!

Have a wonderful time!

Hugzz
    Greenbean