Need Help re Scalp Psoriasis (Crust on Scalp)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jan 17, 2010.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I really need some tips on what has worked for other people who have Scalp Psoriasis.

I have had it for years now and can not find anything that helps. It seems as if I have tried everything!

The crust gets so thick on my scalp that I can't stand it. Then it itches and I have to fight myself to not scratch it.

For anyone not familiar with this, it is like the adult version of a really bad "baby's cradle cap."

After I wash my hair with really warm/hot water, it softens up the crust where I can scrape it off my scalp, but when I do this, all of my hair comes with it! As a result, I am getting thinner and thinner hair! And ... I have always had thin, really fine hair anyway.

I'm going to be bald soon if I can't get this OMG awful stuff under control!

Please help!

Does anyone who has this condition found anything to help them get it under control and keep it under control. I don't even know what I mean by under control! I guess to get the crusty condition down to not much of a crust, or for the crust to go away, etc.