Need help re: TSH levels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrappinkat, Jul 5, 2006.

1. scrappinkat

scrappinkat New Member

I was kinda hoping that someone could help me with what my doctor wrote regarding my TSH levels. She said they were normal and within acceptable levels. I can only find info that says between 3-5 is sometimes suspect as a thyroid not functioning well.

Well my doctor told me the level and then wrote it down for me. I have to say that since I was so dissappointed that yet another test said I was normal, when something is obviously wrong with me, that I can't remember anything from that appointment.

I am pretty sure that she wrote my TSH is 0.97 or something???

I have the link to her written note here:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/scrappinkat/tshlevels.jpg

I don't think I can put a picture in the post.

It also says that my kindney function and liver enzyme is normal, and that the other two things are normal too. But is my TSH good or bad or what.

Any help or insight would be MUCH appreciated!
  2. glk2756

glk2756 New Member

last poster had good information...I would recommend asking your dr. for a copy of your test results. Your link above you aren't able to click on. I am hypothyroid and site most helpful to post your TSH and other tests for input is the newsgroup, alt.support.thyroid. I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia and then hypo, and some symptoms overlap and can't test for fibro, so it's helpful to get good info. Mary Shoman has a book that addresses both diagnoses and a web site, about.com.thyroid, I think. It gives info on how often to test and you can compare your own test results, etc.