Need help to cheer up boyfriend with Type 1 diabetes

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by matisetia, Jul 10, 2003.

1. matisetia

matisetia New Member

Hi. My boyfriend has had type 1 diabetes since he was two years old. He is now 27 and keeps on getting depressed and feels he's "facing a loaded gun" everyday of his life. He says he's like to meet older type 1 diabetics. I'd like him to talk to anyone who is older. He would feel much better and feel like he's not going to die young. I constantly reassure that if he continuiously takes care of himself like he presently does he'll be fine. I love him so much and want to marry him. Does anyone have any suggestions? or know any older diabetics to chat with?
  2. BLACKCLOUDS

BLACKCLOUDS New Member

Make sure he execises and eats well.And continue his shots.I hope he feels better.But I'm sure he will be around for quite a long time.Let him know it could be worse.He could have cancer or als or ms or something worse.My girlfriends brother in law had diabetes type 1 since he was 7.Hes now 32.He is doing fine.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you been to the Diabetic board on this site? You would be able to get loads of information for your boyfriend there.

We have people of all ages with type 1 diabetes on that board.

Just go to the top of this page where it says; 'Message Boards', click there and it will bring you to an index of all the boards that are available on this site.

Click on Diabetic's, and you can reach out to people who will be happy to help you.

Shalom, Shirl