need help w/exercise recovery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by an1000, Jun 12, 2006.

1. an1000

an1000 New Member

has anyone found any helpful treatments for recovery from exercise? it is my chief complaint. i actually feel better for the remainder of the day after i exercise, but then the next 2 days are really tough on me, while my body is trying to recuperate. it is so frustrating. please advise :)
  2. an1000

an1000 New Member

i do and have done all types, to varying degrees of intensity- yoga, weights, surfing, tennis, and jogging.
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

do you take amino acids before and after exercise? this might help. the only other suggrestion i would have is to scale back intensity and duration until you don't crash.

eddie
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Gasp! "yoga, weights, surfing, tennis, and jogging"? and you only hurt for two days afterward? Amazing. You must be young and newly diagnosed?

I'm with some of the others. Scale back and honor your body's need to recover. Don't quit but scale back and maybe forego the harder stuff for now.

Marta
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I do a brisk walk at lunchtime five days a week for about 30 minutes. On weekends, I get enough exercise with my gardening and other regular chores.

Man, if I did that much I'd not recover for a week!

Regards,

Eileen
  6. berrytired

berrytired New Member

It's the one thing that keeps me sane. I think its important for mental stability as well as all the other benefits.