Need Help! What is nerve calcification?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skyeone, Sep 5, 2005.

1. skyeone

skyeone New Member

The stupid thing is that I don't know 100% sure weather or not I have it. All I really know is that while I was going threw nerve conduction testing I overheard the lab tech talking to my other half. (I was wearing head phones for hearing test part).

The tech said that there is defenite nerve damage and that it looked like I had calcification throughout my body.

Can anyone tell me what that is, and perhaps offer some advise on how to deal with it?

Thanks a bunch,
    Skye
  2. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Thanks Nature, I appreciate your help.
    Skye
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

OK, I'm going to be guessing here, but osteophytes, ie bone spurs, are sometimes referred to as calcifications.

I'm wondering if you have bone spurs up and down your spine that may be impingeing on your nerves? Do you think that could be what they are talking about?

I know that I had major osteophytes in my neck, and there was great nerve impingement, causing pain, loss of strength, numbness, etc, to my arms. The osteophytes (bone spurs) are also referred to as calcifications. Hope that helps. It could be way off the mark, but that's what comes to my mind. I don't know what you had the test for, so I don't know if this is even helpful.....PG
  4. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Thanks Peppergirl,

I really have no idea what it is the tech was talking about, like I said, I overheard the convo. My other half won't tell me as he says he's not a doc, and doesn't know what it all means so he won't diagnose me himself. He wants me to get the actual facts from my Neurologist.

The reason I went for the test is because when the Neurologist did some simple tests in his office (reflexes), it took between 3-5 taps on each of my ankles, knees, wrists and elbows before there was a reaction. Even just flipping one hand over and over in the other hand was all screwed up.

I really wish that I knew what was going on. I'm getting a ilttle on the nervous side the more I wait.

Thansk for giving me a possibility on what it may be.

HUGS
    Skye
  5. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Just popping in to say thank you!

I want to say thank you for the information. It's real helpful to know what the term means. My doc only works certain days of the week so i'll give her a call on tuesday.

Thanks again,
    Skye