Need help with a foot problem, could it be FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Dec 12, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been having a lot of pain in my left foot. I am not sure what might be causing it. I have not injured it that I know of. On the outside of my foot where that lump is below your ankle bone, there is a lot of crunching going on when I move my foot in a circle. It sounds like my knee did before I started taking glucosamine.

It hurts around on the inside of the foot just under the ankle but sometimes hurts all over. I have a bone spur on the bottom of that foot but that is doing okay. I also had a problem one time where the doc said my arch was trying to fall and I got arch supports, which helped, although I am not sure if that was really the problem or not since I was at an urgent care, walk in place that has been way off base with me many other times - so many that I quit going to them.

I did try the arch supports and it seemed to be getting better and now I just don't know. If I have my shoe on, it feels better, except my high tops, but hurts without shoes. It is only the one foot and it does not seem like fibro, but I thought I would see if anyone has anything similar or any ideas.

I think I am off to the doctor after the holidays though. Thanks and God Bless.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I to went to urgent care for same problem you are having! Weird.

They put me foot brace thinking I had sprained it. It finally dawned on me and after research that Iam hyper extending it when I sleep.

Do you find your self kinda of with restless legs? Does your ankle swell?
    Mine will get so bad(pain) I can barely stand on it.

It's the fibro and myofasial pain. ck search for other postings on this
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I sometimes have restless legs if I stay up too late, but I just go to bed. I have not noticed anything during the night, like having to move them and it does not swell either. I noticed today or last night maybe that it mostly hurts on the same side (outside) and sort of radiates down the foot bones to the toes, but again, it is just that one foot.

I am going to go to the doctor after the holidays, I think. Thanks for the reply.
  4. supermansings

supermansings New Member

As an MD, considering you have an isolated foot problem, with "crunching" I would strongly consider the diagnosis of arthritis. There are lots of tiny bones in your midfoot. Probably not FM.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2008]
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Sorry I have been tied up lately and have not been here in awhile to check the postings. Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it since this DD is so random and weird.

Taking into consideration the post about hyper extension, I have been wrapping my foot around the arch and ankle lightly with an ace bandage at night and it has gotten much better between that and continuing to use the arch supports in my shoes and wear shoes that are higher on the sides.

I would not be surprised if it is arthritis. I think I will keep doing what I am doing unless it gets worse and leave the doctor for later if I need him.

God Bless everyone and Merry Christmas