Need Help with Absorbation Problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Sep 18, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I seem not to be absorbing things properly (such as medication). Does anyone know of something that helps with this??
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...with a lot of supplements & the food----I think I really don't even absorb the good benefits from the healthy foods I eat.

I'm doing the NAET allergy elimination treatment----I just had B vitamins treated; I was taking them, but not absorbing them (as my bloodwork showed); my regular doc put me on prescription strength B/folic acid, plus B-12 shots. But again---if your body is intolerant of them & can't absorb them, even strong doses of can't do you any good!

I'm hopeful that as I go thru these NAET treatments, I'll begin to heal my leaky gut & the malabsorption issues I have. As you eliminate the food & other allergies, and take probiotics, etc. you can begin to heal the gut & hopefully start to absorb things better.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Good information Pam!!

Thanks a mill!
    Hope
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Doing a liver detox and then taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid has made all the difference for me. I used to have chronic digestive problems, and problems with absorption, and don't any more. I think these problems are very common in people with CFS and we do tend to be low in hydrochloric acid which is vital for digestion.

A chiropractor who does muscle testing helped with all of this. He used Standard Process products.

Food allergies can also be a factor (I had to avoid dairy and wheat), but the liver detox and enzymes w/HCL were the most important for me.

I always recommend that people try to find a chiropractor who does muscle testing. You can look in the phone book and check out their ads, or if they say nutritional counseling. You can also just call them and ask. That's what I did when I moved to a new town.

Mary
  5. jana15

jana15 New Member

My body doesn't absorb iron which has resulted in a very low ferretin count (anemea) I have tried lots of things to try and get the count up but nothing seems to work. Like you, I don't know why my body does this but I would sure lie to know how to stop it as I'm sure it isn't helpong with my energy levels.

Cheers Jana