Need help with acne question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Staceymarie, May 12, 2006.

1. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

Okay, I just read a post on here the other day talking about acne/cysts/boils and what to put on them to make them go away. Didn't really pay it any attention because I have never had that problem...

until this morning! I wake up and a huge "knot" is sticking out on my chin. Very painful. It's not your regular pimple..

I did a search to locate the info. on this and couldn't find the specific one I was looking for. Help me out here....what can you put on these monsters to help them go down???? I'm supposed to have some pics made next weekend and I want this thing gone!!

Thanks!!
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

calamine lotion, to help dry it up. Put some on thickly at night, and it may help. Good luck with the pics!
  3. starmom

starmom New Member

A friend of mine's stepmom was a runway model for years. For emergency treatment of acne, put cortisone cream on it. It will reduce the swelling and redness.

USins cortisone everyday on your face will make the skin thin out, and can contribute to more problems, but using it for hte occasional bad breakout "Acne Emergency" is fine.

I have seen several dermatologists who treat celebrities use this.

Anyone got any ideas on acne prevention? Does the ProActive stuff work? My 10yo already has terrible acne.

Susie
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I had horrible acne for 40 years until I went on a sugar free low carb diet. Years of a low fat diet had done nothing! We're all differentI guess.

You can put tea tree oil on spots. If you've nothing else, a little perfume or cologne will dry it out.

5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I had bad acne starting at age 20 and I just found the cure about a year ago at age 51, It was a yeast infection causing the breakouts, so I started on probiotics and cut out sugar from my diet, no more acne :)
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Staceymarie,I had a post on boils last week put my name in and search there were a few ideas like tea bags.Also I have used egg whites to help dry them out.just keep putting it on