NEED HELP WITH B-12 OBTAINED ON MY OWN NOT FROM A DOC&NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MelanieThebirdlover, Apr 7, 2003.

1. MelanieThebirdlover

MelanieThebirdlover New Member

Hi all, I know what your thinking......but I can't get nothing from these docs, it's like pulling teeth. I am desperate to try anything for the fatigue and pain. I've been wondering about b-12 for awhile now, and have researched it alot. So, I finally decided to go ahead with it. OK, I received Cyanocobalamin injection USP 1000 g/ml. How much and often should I take this???? I heard of pep taking 1cc every other day with good results. I have 10 ampules, how do I withdraw the medication from this? and what is the best site for injection. I am diabetic and use to giving my self shots already, so this is of no concern to me. Just want to know the best way to administer and how should I store? Thanks in advance........
  2. MelanieThebirdlover

3. fuzzy14

fuzzy14 New Member

wear did u find it & how much did u have to pay?
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

need a nurse to tell you for sure...Is it a lot more economical to order it, yourself and can you get it over the internet?
  5. MelanieThebirdlover

found it on line and for 10 of the 1000 g/ml it was $14.95 + 5.00 for s&h, and I recieved it in 3 days, tho it stated from like 8 to 10 days. You can pay extra 5.00 for quicker, but I didnt, and thought I recived it pretty fast :) Can you help with my? How should I administer & store? It says to store between 15-30c and protect from light.
  6. MelanieThebirdlover

bump dittey bump
  7. MelanieThebirdlover

Yes, that was very helpful. They came in glass ampules, so I finally was just to anxious and pulled the top off and put the needle down in there and withdrew the med. I only have 1/2 cc needles so i had to give it twice, but that doesnt bother me. I didnt kno at the time the best site, so I did a 1/2 cc in my stomache, and another 1/2 cc what I thought to be my thy area, but I have a lump there now, that hurt a lot, I put ice on it and that helped. Yes, it was red, stingy, and even itchy, but only on the thy poss upper leg area. I honestly think I injected the second dose wrong. May be you could shed some more light. Is it ok in the stomache? I only got brief itching after wards, no lumps or pain. When you say muscle, exactly what does that mean? Sorry so long. Many thanks in advance :)

Melanie
  8. MelanieThebirdlover

9. PJB

PJB New Member

Can you give me a hint as to the name of the site or how you searched for it. I'm in the same boat as you. Thanks.
  10. MelanieThebirdlover

or try doing a search for cyan....vit b12 and canada pharmacies. If not email me and i will give you complete details. Hope this helps. keep me posted.

Melanie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2003]
  11. MelanieThebirdlover

12. MelanieThebirdlover

I will keep you posted on my progress with this. Again, many, many, thanks :)

Melanie
  13. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Melanie--
    Should put B12 in largest muscle mass in body...the top of buttock just to the side of hip.....
    I have never gotten a bump from injection....make sure to inject slowly.

Check on your bottle of B12---should have desired temp. on it...mine is 59-86 degrees farenheit. I do not refrigerate it therefore, but it is important to keep it out of the light.

Always clean the top of your vial with an alcohol swab before inserting the needle to draw up the vitamin.
    Swab your hip with another clean alcohol wipe before injection.

After inserting the needle deep into the muscle you need to draw back on the plunger of the syringe just a tad...to make sure you are not in a blood vessel or vein. If you see blood coming into the syringe, remove it, clean another area close by and reinsert needle. You do not want to inject this directly into the blood stream....it goes in the muscle, for slow absorption.

The injections have made a huge difference for me in the way I feel. Right now I am having an allergic reaction to something and I am praying its not the B vitamins..that would devastate me
    ...best wishes.
    LL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2003]
  14. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Spacee---Hey my Guru :)
    You wouldnt believe...go read my post about Reaction to Meds....I am teetering on desperation here!!!

New to B-12 but not to IM injections--was a vet tech for years....was good to those horses, doggies, and kitties, never had one scream "ouch" *wink*

LL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2003]
  15. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

About the B/12 and B complex, in liquid form, is that with
    a prescription or without? thanks for your help......
  16. MelanieThebirdlover

My b-12 is in a glass ampule, I have to pull the top off, but I am use to giving injections I am type 1 diabetic, but new to b-12 so wasnt to sure best site. I beleive I injected it wrong in my leg, so thats why I got a lump :( wont be doing that again lol. Anyways, my g/f said she's been going to a diet doc. and he makes ev 1 come in once a week for b-12 injections and he adminsters it in their arm, but I will prob go with buttocks(sp), I did give 1 shot in my stomache, b/c I only have 1/2 cc syringes, I have to give my self 2 shots at a time to = 1cc, but I don't really mind. the 1 I gave in my stomache did not lump only itched briefly, I give my insulin shots here to, but don't know if this is a good site for b-12, like I said will try buttocks and thigh area and see what works best for me. Many thanks to all, Spacee, LL, ev1, for all your great support. Will keep ev1 posted. Take good care....

Melanie

PS. Spacee, def gonna look into the liqud form at Wal-mart my next trip there, which will prob be today or tommorow since I'm a Wal-Mart junkie :)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2003]
  17. kgg

kgg New Member

It is supposed to go into a muscle. Insulin needles may not be long enough and that's why you got the lump. Don't pinch the skin up when you inject. Hope they give you the results you are looking for.