Need help with back/neck issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Okay, have FMS, also arthritis in neck, scoliosis, etc

Usually with the FMS, I would be stiff in the neck and back until about 12:00. Then about 3 weeks ago, I started waking up okay, and then as the day went by, become very stiff and achy in neck and upper back - This is new to me

I have an appt with pain doc next week, but just wonder if this is FMS or Trigger points or Myofascia pain???
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have several pain disorders and I know sometimes it's really hard to tell what kind of pain is coming from which illness, but in general......

trigger points are the same thing as chronic myofacial pain....they are major knots that hurt like crazy and often seem to squeeze nerves - pushing hard directly on them sometimes helps a little.....tender points are the FM spots that hurt with very little pressure, sometimes even with light touch - pushing on them won't help at all

stiffness is more likely from FM (unless you have CFS - then it could be from that)

and, arthritis pain can be stiffness and/or achyness

I'm not sure exactly what kind of pain would be caused by scoliosis, though, since I don't know much about it
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I have alot of neck and back stiffness and pain also.

I recently found that the cause of my 21 yrs of FM symptoms is a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection.