Need help with blood results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sorekitty, May 2, 2007.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I have both fms and cfs. I just got some blood results. I can barely make out the numbers on the fax but want to ask what my doctor's notes may mean.

1) Immunoglobulin G (IgG): Suppressed as previouly on 6/27/06. Low in autoimmune diseases, infections (mostly chronic) and/or hereditary. It is the major immunoglobulin that processes antibody activity against viruses, some bacteria and toxins.

2)Herpes Simplex I titer IgG significantly high but the more current IgM titer is negative. Therefore probable recurrent bouts of herpes simplex I.

What does all the mean exactly? Okay so I don't have an autoimmune disease but my bloodwork looks like I do?

My doctor started me on an anti-viral about a month and a half ago. It is called Amantadine. I take 100 mg 2x a day.

I'm also taking celexa, temezepam, allegra, DHEA, ultram as needed, xanax as needed, vitamins and supplements.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I switched from Wellbutrin to the generic for Celexa (citalopram 20 mg) about 2 months ago. I haven't had side effects that I have noticed. I still feel sad sometimes but I am sticking with it for a bit longer before I know for sure. It is for depression. I used to have more anxiety that is what the xanax is for. I haven't needed it much for the past 3 months or so. I had decided that I wanted to take it as needed instead of 2x daily.

HTH
  3. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

Hi, I posted a thread on "Immunoglobulins" a while back so if you search on it, you may find some more info.

I only have CFS. Research shows that some people with CFS tend to have low immunoglobulins while others (like myself) have normal or high immunoglobulins. In some cases, people with low immunoglobulins have a disease called Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID) but this usually requires a history of recurrent infections and additional tests to make the diagnosis.

The Herpes Simplex I IgG being high means you've had exposure to Herpes Simplex in the past (causes cold sores) but IgM negative means it is likely not currently active.

Amantidine is one antiviral I haven't heard used much in FM/CFS. Did you MD mention why he/she was using it?