Need Help With Blood Test Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Jun 7, 2008.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I was in car accident 02/12/08. At the hospital they did a urine test and told me I had bladder infection. I was given med's to take care of it.

Early May, I started feeling very run down. I also have Lupus. Running fevers. Abdominal pain. Sore throat. Chronic pain. etc........

Dr. ran blood test. And told me I have another bladder infection as well as a bacterial infection somewhere in my body.

Results of test that ran high are=
    Neutrophils (absolute)
    Lymphs (absolute)
    Monocytes (absolute)
    EOS (absolute)
    Comp. Metabolic Panel
    Glucose, Serum
    Chloride, Serum
    Calcium, Serum
    Urine Color = Amber
    Protein = Trace in urine high

Dr. put me on Cipro 500mg.

The skin on my face is burning, & my eyes are bloodshot and burning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
  2. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I have the numbers

Neutrophils (absolute) 25.5 proper range 1.8 - 7.8
    Lymphs (absolute) 8.2 proper range 0.7 - 4.5
    Monocytes (absolute) 3.1 proper range 0.1 - 1.0
    EOS (absolute) 0.9 proper range 0.0 - 0.4
    Comp. Metabolic Panel (26) with the letter "H" for high
    Glucose, Serum 112 proper range 65 - 99
    Chloride, Serum 138 proper range 97 - 108
    Calcium, Serum 16 proper range 8.0 - 10.6
    WBC 22.2 proper range 4.0 - 10.5
    RBC 6.1 proper range 3.8 - 5.0
    Hemoglobin 19.0 proper range 11.5 - 15.0
    Urine Color = Amber should be "clear"
    Protein = Trace in urine high should be negative

Also my total cholesterol is 435, proper range 100 - 199
    for 20 years I have had high cholesterol and take Crestor and fish oil.

I am hypothyroidism, I take Synthroid. results came back low. TSH = 0.278 "L" proper range 0.350 - 5.500

Hope this helps.

Again any advise is so appreciated.
  3. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Never tested for Lymes.

I took the Cipro at noon today and still have fever, it hasnt helped yet.

Dr. who tested me is a Physiatrist, and ordered the labs because I told him I have been isolating myself because of how sick I feel. So he order the blood work up to see if I a really sick or if I was depressed.

Once the labs came back he told me I am really sick and my primary will need to do some more lab work.
    The Psychiatrist advised me to see my primary. I faxed the results to my primary who called in the Cipro and I have an appointment on Monday.

I will be asking my primary about my thyroid, cholesterol, and if this has to do with Lupus, or CFS, etc..

Would you suggest any other questions I should ask?

Thank you so much for your help,
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

This really concerns me. I think your primary should be seeing you ASAP.

Systemic infections are very dangerous.

Have you been tested for MRSA?

Just throwing ideas out here; want you to be sure you don't just wait to see if the CIPRO works or not.

Also, please, please, watch for any bad side effects with muscles and joints from the CIPRO. The first sign of a problem,call your pharmacist and your doctor and report it urgently.

You might do a search above on CIPRO and/or fluoroquinilones; many here have reported severe side effects.

I hope whatever you have is self-limiting and you recover very soon. Conversely, I pray you watch yourself very, very closely.

5. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

3 yrs ago I had sinutus real bad and had an operation.

A week into my recovery I started with the fevers, flu like symptoms to the point that I called my parents and they came over and found me on the sofa talking that made no sense.

Went to our local hospital and my sinus Dr. came ASAP. They did another surgery on my sinuses and the Dr. said it he cleaned out a lot of bacteria and has never saw anything like this.

Dr. said staff infection and sent my infection to be cultivated to see what type of bacteria it was.

I spent 3 wks in hospital pumped with antibiotics. I was told the name of the infection and that it was very serious and would lay dormant in my body and can pop up at any time. Usual brought on from another infection.

I forgot the name, but the hospital said my medical file has a red flag, and if I were ever to be hospitalized I would have to be isolated from other patients.

Tomorrow I am going to call the hospital and find out that name. As I wrote it down 3yrs ago but cant find the papers.

The Cipro caused me upset stomach and I haven’t eaten anything in 2 days now. I have had muscle cramping for a couple of weeks but last night was really bad.

Don’t think Cipro is helping, as I cant break my fever of 103. The lowest I was able to bring it down to was 100.4, but it spiked right back up.

Thank you so much for your advice and I will not wait on this as I am getting sicker every day.

Thank you again,
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

You will let us know what you find out, won't you?

We care...

7. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I will ask the Dr. for a culture to be done. I hope they listen as they are Medicaid Dr.s and when you go there you feel like just a # being called at a deli.

Thanks I will let you know.

8. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

The surgen is going to fax me the result of the culture of my bacterial infection.

I will keep you updated.

9. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Spk w/Sinus Dr. who preformed my operation 10/03, then had to have a 2nd sinus operation 12/05/03 and results came back positive for MRSA, and toxic shock syndrome.

My primary called me and CANCELLED my appt. today because she had to see a patient at hospital and said I had to wait till Wednesday!!

I told the nurse my symptoms, burning eyes, bladder infection from 02/12/08 found from hospital when admitted from car accident and labs from 3 wks ago show another bladder infection with pain, headaches, low blood pressure, fever today 103., muscle pain, bones ache, sore throat w/swollen glands, loss of weight, feeling like I am going to throw up, Cipro not working, slurred speech, swollen joints, burning skin, hard to hear when spoken to, chills, bronchitis a month ago that hasn’t gone away, hard time urinating and color is brown, sinus pressure.

Told nurse that I recently had 3 spinal injections in neck and 3 in lower back.

Nurse said if I couldn’t wait until Wednesday to go to hospital.

I hate hospitals. But I may not have a choice.

Any suggestions??

10. whoachief

whoachief New Member

it sounds to me like a hospital visit might be necessary. Good luck to you & let us know how things are going!!!

11. findmind

findmind New Member

Please go to the hospital. Print out this thread if you need to, and take it with you, ok?

12. Elisa

Elisa Member

Maybe I am way off - but high iron - encourages infections. So I would be tested for Hemochromatosis. It is

Also called: Iron overload disease

Hemochromatosis is an inherited disease in which too much iron builds up in your body. It is one of the most common genetic diseases in the United States.

Just in case this is the illness that started it all...

God Bless,

13. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I printed this thread to my Husband and he told me to get ready to go to hospital. I started to cry because of how much I hate the Hospital. I know I should be there as my fevers still wont break, and bladder infection is turing into urinary track infection.

I called Dr. and said I cant wait till Wensday and they will call me with any cancellations. If I dont see Dr. my husband said when he gets home from work he will make me go to hospital. I AM SO SCARED!!!

I am crying right now just thinking of going. My anxiety is thru the roof. I am just so so scared of hospitals because of what has happended to me before.

I slepts with bags of ice on head, neck and face. I have a stiff neck that is killing me and since I cant take any narcotics, the motrin is not cutting it for me.

I know you proably think I crazy and should get over it and seek medical attention. And if I dont see Dr today I proably will be forced to hospital.

Its funny when your really sick and the first person you call in the morning is your Mother. I just turned 43 on Sunday and I still run to my Mom when sick.

Thanks for letting me vent!
  14. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

My husband took off work today to take me to Dr. thank God.

I know he will speak up for me once he see's how this Dr has bad bedside manner.

On some good news, my temp. went down to 98.5!!!! this morning.

Thanks Again to all who have helped me,
  15. findmind

findmind New Member

hey there, what did the dr. say?

I hope he took you (and your dear husband's) concerns seriously, and you are on your way to a plan to get well, and fast!

Do let us know how you are, ok?

16. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Thank you so so much for your concern.

Boy oh boy this Dr. is an idiot. I told my husband she is a deer in headlights with no personality.

She advised me I didn’t have a bladder infection. I had no infection at all. She said my thyroid was in range, when it was well below range and wouldn’t increase my synthroid. We discussed my cholesterol being to high for past 20yrs and I was concerned of plaque build up. She ordered a stress test. I asked if that shows plaque build up she said YES. I’m not a Dr. but I have had a stress test done before and it monitors your heart.

My husband started to speak up for me, as I was so so upset tears were building up. When my husband stated the same concerns I said she just opened my file and acted like she was reading my file. Oooooooooooooooo I was fuming. Now my tears were really pouring down my face. She looked at me and said take the stress test and CBC blood work. She got up from her chair and said your depressed and walked out!!!! No good by, no see you in 2 wks, nadda!!

So my husband and I were asked to fill out a survey of her, this was a first, so there must be others complaining. Not to mention the patients in the waiting room that complained too. We saw the secretary and she asked why I was crying. My husband spoke for me and demanded that the Dr. that owns the practice to review my blood results, and explained how we were treated.

Today I got a phone call from the Dr.'s office apologizing up and down and they are going to increase my thyroid medicine. After my blood work they will review to see the underlying problems of this infection. After the stress test, they will order more tests for plaque build up and gave me a referral to an endocrinologist, and cardiologist.

In the mean time I contacted Medicaid and put a complaint in, and in today’s mail I received a list of other primary Dr.s to choose from.

I am so mad, I am going to fight this one to the end. I need to know what is going on.

On a good note, taking the Cipro has reduced my temp. down to 99. to 100.

I am scared because I am seeing a neurosurgeon from my car accident in 02/2008 for herniated disc that are protruding into the thecal sac and nerves that are causing sciatica in left leg, loosing my grip in my hand because it always falls asleep, if I sit too long I need my crutches to get up and stand for a while until I can walk with them. This is another reason for urgency to take care of these other matters because they wont operate with possible MRSA or any bacterial infection.

Findmind, God bless you for your concerns, as it has been great comfort and as well as for everyone else who has responded to me, God bless you too!
  17. findmind

findmind New Member

Oh, I am soooo relieved to hear from you, and that you had your husband with you at that appt!

I guess some drs actually learn something at med school: obviously, yours didn't, and I'm serious...I wish we could see their grades before we select them as a doctor!

It sounds like the Cipro is working for you, so far, so good. I hope it will continue to attack whatever is going it bladder, or whatever.

Are you sure you can do a stress test after that accident? I don't know how you could, it is not an easy thing to do, with FM and especially with CFS.

Are you going to be seeing the Dr. who called you and is going to increase your thyroid med? I think he would be especially careful with you in light of the problems you have had with the other dr.

I was so concerned about you. My mom got a bladder infection; it went systemic and her dr. ignored her pleas and cries of agonizing pain. She was in a nursing home, only 78, in good health except for FM. Three days later, the nurse called me and said the dr. never came to see her and she was calling an ambulance.

She died of her systemic infection. So, when I heard your history, my heart fell into my shoes. I was so worried, but didn't want to scare you to death with this story until after you were checked out by your dr.

We must all have an advocate for times like these; I hope you will thank your husband for being yours from me!

Hugs galore,
  18. jaded_lady

jaded_lady New Member

The MRSA would make you feel bad and could be the cause of all your problems. It needs to be dealt with effectively.

about your blood test: I would think your adrenals were showing fatigue with the symptoms and with these results:

Urine Color = Amber should be "clear"
    Protein = Trace in urine high should be negative

Definetly, stay on top of the MRSA.
  19. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

The Dr. who increased the Synthroid is the primary Dr. who owns the practice. Also contacted old Endo. will be seeing him in August! But I am on a cancellation list with 2 people in front of me.

Stress test I cant do the tread mill. They have to give me something to increas my heartrate. My Knee would pop off if I did the tread mill.

On a better note. I live in Florida along the water that has a very large park with a stage for all diffrent events.
    Today they had a blueberry fest. I couldnt see all of it because my knee swelled and my knee brace was hurting. So instead we saw a sign for discount price on Kayak rentals at our boat dock.

My son and I went and had a blast!!! The water was so warm, Hot when sun was out but it was really cloudy. We floated in the Gulf for an hour. Total cost to 2 kayaks was $20.00!!! Im a little sore from some rowing but I tied up to my sons Kayak. He is my God Sent!

Tomorrow for fathers day the Kayak rentals will only be $5.00 for an hour!! If I feel ok I am going and will tie up to hubbys kayak. I just have to make sure I have my big sun hat on so my Lupus dosnt start up.

God Bless,