need help!!! with building a time travel machine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bigmama2, Apr 25, 2010.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

at 800pm- program about big bang theory
    at 900pm- show about stephen hawking and the universe and aliens
    at 1000pm - something about time travel or something

look up discovery channel for more info!

[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2010]
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i watched em all. they were great.

i am planning on time travelling to a time in the future when there is a test for cfs and a cure. i am building a time travel devise out of spare electrical computer parts, and some gamma rays, a nebulon vaporizer, and part of an antique typewriter from the 1950's. it may take a while to get this whole thing to work, but i am pretty confident if i persevere, all of my wildest time travel fantasies will come true.

does anyone else have any knowledge of more parts that i should add to the devise? please be specific, as i do not want to make errors, and travel to the wrong year.

thank you so much,
    sincerely ;) !!!!

3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Im not mechanically inclined so the parts youre using sound good to me. One thing...if you do get there and find that cure, could you come back and get me? Drop me off where theyve cured fm and a brand new back would be nice too. Hit the beam over southeastern Okla...Ill be the crazy looking lady frantically waving my arms. If I cant wave them youre just going to have try to pick me out of all the other crazy looking ladies. Good luck w that. :)
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i will definately put you on my route when i time travel. it will be nice to have a co-pilot. can you bring some snacks? (i think it will be a long ride.) maybe like carrot sticks and pretzels. and something meatier, like beef jerky. thanks alot.

the construction is going well. today i have alligned the power source (battery) with the steering wheel. still need many more parts. where can i find some really really heavy duty tin foil? like half an inch thick. maybe more- have to work out the calculations. ugh- get out the ole physics book! but all of the effort will pay off.

i am still hoping others on this board will have some advise for me about what parts to use and how to use them. this is not an easy thing to build and i would like some help.

i will change title of my first post. maybe that will help.

most sincerely
  5. JimB51

JimB51 Member

If Darwin's theory of evolution from one species to another is even possible .. then you should definitely have no problem making that Time Machine work.
    (you might have to throw in a little Fairy Dust and wait a few million years tho) . LOL

Connecting a cell phone and a 'Speak and Spell' toy like E.T. used might help.
    Also, You might want to start wearing wear an aluminum foil cap so you can receive helpful messages from aliens out there.

At any rate ... let me know when you launch. I'll leave an SOS on my rooftop.
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

jim- excellent idea about the linking of a cell phone to a "speak and spell toy". that will be useful to communicate with the aliens, IF we encounter any aliens in our time travel. time travel into the future is the main goal, but hey, if i see aliens, i would like to say hello and introduce myself. it would be just plain rude not to.

i am already wearing an aluminum tin foil cap in my daily everyday life. i admit, people think it looks "wierd" or "strange", but they dont understand it is part of my time travel astronaut training. i need to be ready to go, once i get the thing built.

also- jim- do you have any connections on where i could buy the previously mentioned "fairy dust". price is no object, but i do insist on high quality and potency.

me and misfit will pick you up. please await our contact, and remember-- be patient!

hi goatwoman. you are most welcome to join me, misfit, and jim on the time travel mission. on once condition- you need to contribute an idea or an item to the construction. a medium size flask of goat hair would be great. can you spare it?

only one other problem i can think of- we are all planning on travelling to the FUTURE, but you would like to be dropped off in the past. for a simpler life. i can understand that! i will need to make some adjustments to the spaceship- it will need to have a reverse gear button. that wont be too hard. sooo, welcome aboard!!!!

i am so excited for this trip! i cant wait!

7. bakeman

bakeman New Member

Aren't you forgetting one of the most basic time travel pieces of equipment.... a xyron-creatopia-hexagonal device.

Also, think about hard wiring in a flux capacitor into the mainframe for good measure.
  8. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Well I dont know about carrots and pretzels cos thats a really long trip. Need something with more sustenance. Besides...when we get where were going, theyll probably just be able to zap the fat off. Sounds like a perfect world to me. Im bring pizza. And chips. Candy bars for energy. Ok...maybe SOME healthy stuff for those who dont share my tastes. Just dont forget me!
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

but they' say it should be quite quick - faster than the speed of light. Watched a program on Discovery about Bermudea Trianle - we shall have to find a place within that area. One guy said he was flying his small plane from Bahamas and saw a weird cloud, then 3 minutes later found he was flying into Miami...

So I think we need to either find an island in that triangle, or a yacht.... LOL I'm ready for either.
    I have a gaussmeter, will that help????

10. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

misfit- sounds good, sounds good. i wont forget you, i promise!

victoria- hmmm, yes, if we aim the machine into the bermuda triangle we will probably time travel even faster. excellent idea! please bring your gaussmeter.

bakeman- thanks for the heads up on the flux capacitor. brilliant! but, no offense- your other idea (the xyron creatoria hexagon) is truly stupid. anyone with a 3rd grade chemistry degree would know that!!

11. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have quite a few spare "whatchamacallits", "thingamajiggers", "thingamabobs" and "whatthehellarethose" that you are more than welcome to use! OH and I have Duct Tape! There ya go! I'm sure that's gotta help somehow!

....and that's just off the top of my head. Let me think a minute and I'll get a whole grocery list goin'!
  12. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have a bunch of cardboard boxes with the Styrofoam peanuts in my garage. I also have a decades old thigh master I was thinking of selling on EBay.

Have you thought of a name for this time machine. What will be the capacity for passengers as well as weight? Infinite?

I would think you would need a pilot and copilot unless the time machine runs itself. Stewards for serving food?

How about we go into the future and then come back where we want to but with the insight and wisdom our older age has given us and no FM/CFS/ME or any other ailments.

Ah, pipe cleaners and Q tips. I found these the other day when cleaning out a closet. Have no idea why I have pipe cleaners.

How about coat hangers turned into antennas?

Socks, but I have lost so many I only have a few that match.

We should all work together on the rules such as no breakdancing, alcoholic beverages as well as no T Shirts with inappropriate messages, unless approved ahead of time.

Who will be in charge of the log, Scotty?

By the time this is built, we will be in the future, LOL!!