need help with disability paperwork

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jun 5, 2009.

  1. Does anyone know where I can get free help doing the paperwork? Also Has anyone heard of using an occupational therapist to help determine what work,if any I can do?

    I was denied at hearing and my doctor mentioned having a occupational expert testing me to see what my limits are. I know I can't work but without good evidence I am never going to win.

    There is a test where they see how much you can walk,stand,sit but I forgot the name of test. Any advice. Thanks Ruthie
  2. Debra49659

    Debra49659 New Member

    Will you attorney not represent you anymore? I do believe that Goodwill have representatives that will help you with the paperwork. Also did you have documentation for your doctor that you are not able to work??

    I think you should have filed an appeal of the judges decision at your hearing as well as filed a new case.

    I'm not sure of any other advise....oh, what did the occupational therapist say about your abilities at your hearing??

  3. butterflydream

    butterflydream New Member

    Those are good questions Deb are asking.

    Are you seeing any specialists such as a rheumatologist or a neurologists ?

    i believe the test you are speaking of is a functional capacity test ?

    I'll continue more here when you can answer these questions along with Deb's questions.

  4. caffey

    caffey New Member

    Hi there. Are you from the US or Canada? If you are from Canada you can contact your local CCAC ( Community Care Access Centre) and they can send you a social worker who can send in an o.t. If you are from the US I am sorry I don't know what is available that wouldn't cost you a fortune. Sorry I can't be more help.
  5. Beadlady

    Beadlady Member

    Go to your home page and put in Community Action Partnerships in Missouri. You should get a bunch of listings--one has a map that you can click on the name of the county you live in and it will tell you what office handles your area.

    I used to work for Community Action Partnerhip in Lewiston, ID and I helped alot of people fill out disbablity forms. I was a Service Coordinator at the time and I met with clients all day long and helping them and linking them with a variety of servicves.

    Good luck to you--let me know if you find sucess here or not.
  6. debstark69

    debstark69 New Member

    Without a family doctor (Im from Ontario ...but live in Nova Scotia for last 3 yrs) you cant even get a recomendation to a specialist..THATS the big issues for me. If anyone has any ideas let me know..I am seeing a 2nd specialist (for what Im not sure) (as the meniscus in the knee is almost completley destroyed)..and unless I wanna sit at the outpatients here for 9 + hours (where they wont give me the meds becasue they are a controlled substance).

    My Tibunal is coming in June with a local lawyer who "takes his cut" if you win..Im not hearing about the not having a general doctor issue..anyone have this issue?

    Ontario dr refuses to fill out form becasue he's in another province from me now.