Need help with IBS questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 13, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have never had IBS before but in the past 2 days I have noticed something strange and today I thought it might be this. It could be lactose intolerance but it was not just the dairy. But today I drank some chocolate milk and immediately my stomach started hurting and I got all bloated, same with my cereal this morning. But I have been eating a lot of fruit lately and wonder if it could be that too. I don't have diareaha though.

Anyone know of anything else?
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

That is a good point about the lactose intolerance. My husband has that and he can drink milk or whatever but has terrible gas and diareah (sp?) later. I think it is all the fruit and am going to cut it out for awhile and see. It might be just the strawberries. I don't know why, but I think I remember hearing something about them and I have been eating fruit every day for about 2 weeks but added the strawberries this week.

The bad part is you can test to see what it is but who wants to trigger that??? I guess I will try without the berries (I am remembering something about seeds but maybe that is diverticulitus) and see.