Need help with medication question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katmolly, Dec 25, 2006.

1. katmolly

katmolly New Member

I was taking cymbalta for two weeks. the first week was fine but then i started getting all these bad side effects. lots of blurred vision headaches, muscle pain. so i quit it. but i think for the first week it was really helping with the pain. does anyone think i should have stuck with it. would the symptoms gone away?

i'm thinking of trying lexapro now. does anyone know if that will help with pain issues. things like burning and soreness.
    katmolly
  2. krchamp

krchamp New Member

3. katmolly

katmolly New Member

what that means?
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

A "Bump" is when someone moves your post up so it will be on the first page :)

Did you tell your physician about your side effects?

Are you taking other medications?

Have you considered a possible interaction other medications?

If you have not done so please call your physician? Two weeks usually isn't enough time for a medication to really get into you system and it is often not wise to suddenly stop some medications.

I do not take Cymbalta so I am sure someone who does will pop in and offer some more suggestions for you.

You may also consider calling your pharmacist and asking some questions of possible interactions of Cymbalta and all current medications.

I take Lexapro for anxiety for and I do like but it does take a while for it to get into your system and it is a medication that absolutely cannot be stopped suddenly because you will get very sick -- just thought I would through that if for future reference.

In the meantime here is a great site where you can enter all of you prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, and supplements along with a lot of herbals even to check for any known interactions -- I hope it helps a little.

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/Interaction/ChooseDrugs

I hope you feel better soon,

Karen :)
  5. katmolly

katmolly New Member

does lexapro help with pain at all?